Single Parents
Options

*lurkylulu*

1) You never answered my question-- who were you before, on BOTB?  You say you're not an AE so I suppose you won't mind telling us.  Otherwise that is pretty much the definition of an AE: hiding behind another name to stir up drama.

2) Using other women's pain to "make your day go by faster" is sick, sad, and pathetic.  To many of us, it doesn't really matter how we got here.  We generally try to help each other out because a lot of us don't have much support otherwise.

3) You never know what life has in store for you.  You lurk on here thinking that you'll never be in a situation like ours, but lots of people have things that they are hiding.  The man you married might not actually be the man that you married-- mine wasn't.  You might end up blindsided one day and maybe you'll come here asking questions you never thought you'd have to ask.  Like how to get a divorce lawyer, or how to move on from an affair, or why the man you thought was your everything won't pay his child support and doesn't want to see his kid. 

If that happens, we'll probably help you out, because that's what we do.  And FYI, after much struggle, I actually love being a single parent in the end.  If you're lurking here because you're thinking you might want to go down that road, maybe you should give it a try.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: *lurkylulu*

• Options
    Eh, she's probably just lurking here because she's bored. It's why I lurk on TIP & the AP board.

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• Options
    imagelurkylulu:

But you can bet all your child support money, that God forbid I some day end up a single parent I'm not going to turn into a pile of pathetic and lose my fvcking mind, or any sense of reality.

Who exactly are you referring to, with this?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageDarthNBJenni:
    Eh, she's probably just lurking here because she's bored. It's why I lurk on TIP & the AP board.

Yeah I get that and have totally done it too, but it's the attacking of certain posters that is irritating me.  Lurking is one thing, posting all crazy-like is another. 

• Options
    imagelurkylulu:
    imagejulia0402:

1) You never answered my question-- who were you before, on BOTB?  You say you're not an AE so I suppose you won't mind telling us.  Otherwise that is pretty much the definition of an AE: hiding behind another name to stir up drama.

2) Using other women's pain to "make your day go by faster" is sick, sad, and pathetic.  To many of us, it doesn't really matter how we got here.  We generally try to help each other out because a lot of us don't have much support otherwise.

3) You never know what life has in store for you.  You lurk on here thinking that you'll never be in a situation like ours, but lots of people have things that they are hiding.  The man you married might not actually be the man that you married-- mine wasn't.  You might end up blindsided one day and maybe you'll come here asking questions you never thought you'd have to ask.  Like how to get a divorce lawyer, or how to move on from an affair, or why the man you thought was your everything won't pay his child support and doesn't want to see his kid. 

If that happens, we'll probably help you out, because that's what we do.  And FYI, after much struggle, I actually love being a single parent in the end.  If you're lurking here because you're thinking you might want to go down that road, maybe you should give it a try.

Two, I'm not an idiot. The man I married isn't a felon or drug addict and if he turns out to be one, I would divorce his assss in a heartbeat and laugh all the way to the bank.

If he turn out to be a felon or drug addict where is all the money going to come from?

Not too many SPs get CS or anything else from their ex's who fit that category.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    "There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."
  • Options

imagelurkylulu:

It's not like I'm following her around on all the boards stalking her. She posted, I responded, others responded. Hence, what happens on an internet message board.

Thanks for clearing up for me how internet message boards work.  

I'm referring to you creating a whole new post about LJF and then linking it to other boards and asking them to come participate, which kinda IS like you following her around.  Just sayin.

• Options
    imagelurkylulu:

I am fortunate that my husband and I both have great careers and that we are able to provide exceptionally well for our family. In the unlikely event that he turns out to be an idiot douchebag, I could provide for my daughter all on my own. Also, I was a smartie pants and had this thing called a pre-nup drawn up.  

Rather pleased with ourselves aren't we?  Everytime you post the self righteousness just shines through that much more.  What do you want, a medal?

• Options
    imagelurkylulu:

I am fortunate that my husband and I both have great careers and that we are able to provide exceptionally well for our family. In the unlikely event that he turns out to be an idiot douchebag, I could provide for my daughter all on my own. Also, I was a smartie pants and had this thing called a pre-nup drawn up.  

Congrats!!

I'm in grad school, can you tell me what program I should switch to so that I can get a great career to provide exceptionally well for my family, and still have time to sit around all day flaming strangers on message boards? Please? It sounds awesome.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagelurkylulu:
    imagejulia0402:

For the 1,000th time, I lurk here because there are some trainwrecks.

Two, I'm not an idiot. The man I married isn't a felon or drug addict and if he turns out to be one, I would divorce his assss in a heartbeat and laugh all the way to the bank.

Three- I don't find humor in people who are blindsided and then get themselves out of the situation. You're right... Sometimes things don't turn out as you plan them. But you can bet all your child support money, that God forbid I some day end up a single parent I'm not going to turn into a pile of pathetic and lose my fvcking mind, or any sense of reality.

I only lurk on this board, but this response shows just how uninformed you are. First, if your dh turns out to be a felon, you won't be "laughing all the way to the bank" because he won't really have money for you to take (unless he's a millionaire) because I'd assume court would be involved and a lot of his money would go to lawyers and court feels. Second, you don't know how you will actually react if it happens to you.I have always been told how strong and independent I am, I was the breadwinner of my family when I was married, but still my "reality" was rocked. What I thought I knew, was all false (my dh had an affair and left me for the other woman after 8 years of marriage). Regardless of what you know or how strong you are, it takes some time and soul searching to recover from that. Do you know how hard it is after "daddy" moves out to have your three and a half year old ask you why daddy doesn't love him any more? That's not about me being pathetic, it's about my chld having a broken heart and me having to mend it because his dad was going through a super selfish phase and didn't want to admit his actions had any effect on our child. Did I recover? Of course! Was it hard to start my "new" life. Hands down the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

• Options
    Lurklylulu is still here spreading her lack of wit and intelligence. How fun. Nobody takes you seriously.
  • Options
    imagelurkylulu:
    imageShanJosh777:
    imagelurkylulu:

Congrats!!

I'm in grad school, can you tell me what program I should switch to so that I can get a great career to provide exceptionally for my family, and still have time to sit around all day flaming strangers on message boards? Please? It sounds awesome.

Haterz gonna hate.

Oh, so you made that little bit up? Thought so.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagelurkylulu:
    imageFormerlyAK:
    imagelurkylulu:
    imagejulia0402:

For the 1,000th time, I lurk here because there are some trainwrecks.

Three- I don't find humor in people who are blindsided and then get themselves out of the situation. You're right... Sometimes things don't turn out as you plan them. But you can bet all your child support money, that God forbid I some day end up a single parent I'm not going to turn into a pile of pathetic and lose my fvcking mind, or any sense of reality.

I only lurk on this board, but this response shows just how uninformed you are. First, if your dh turns out to be a felon, you won't be "laughing all the way to the bank" because he won't really have money for you to take (unless he's a millionaire) because I'd assume court would be involved and a lot of his money would go to lawyers and court feels. Second, you don't know how you will actually react if it happens to you.I have always been told how strong and independent I am, I was the breadwinner of my family when I was married, but still my "reality" was rocked. What I thought I knew, was all false (my dh had an affair and left me for the other woman after 8 years of marriage). Regardless of what you know or how strong you are, it takes some time and soul searching to recover from that. Do you know how hard it is after "daddy" moves out to have your three and a half year old ask you why daddy doesn't love him any more? That's not about me being pathetic, it's about my chld having a broken heart and me having to mend it because his dad was going through a super selfish phase and didn't want to admit his actions had any effect on our child. Did I recover? Of course! Was it hard to start my "new" life. Hands down the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

Please point out where I said that I thought being a single mom was easy. 

PS paragraphs are your friend.  

PS - You said that if you were ever a single parent you wouldn't be pathetic. I was pointing out that it is very hard no matter what your situation, and you don't know how you will react if it happens to you.

Second, I really don't care about grammar and paragraphs on TB. And obviously you don't either "haterz gonna hate" ... Glass houses, my dear, glass houses ...

• Options
    imageFormerlyAK:

PS - You said that if you were ever a single parent you wouldn't be pathetic. I was pointing out that it is very hard no matter what your situation, and you don't know how you will react if it happens to you.

Second, I really don't care about grammar and paragraphs on TB. And obviously you don't either "haterz gonna hate" ... Glass houses, my dear, glass houses ...

"Haterz" isn't a word?  That's the most disappointing thing I've heard all day.

• Options
    imagelurkylulu:

As pathetic as the trainwrecks.

Ms. Anthony *facepalms*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"