Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Yankee you owe JG an apology

2»

Re: Yankee you owe JG an apology

• Options
    imageHeather R:

imageMasonismylove:
    Actually there are people out there who sit on unemployment and don't accept jobs because they can sit at home and get paid....this = lazy. My SIL boyfriend does this and has turned down great job offers.

You know, that one anecdote from someone I consider a really reliable source really did change my mind about how the vast majority of welfare recipients are not lazy abusers!    Surprise

My understanding is that the OP that launched all this bullshits was a homeless man begging for change, which leads me to believe he is not on unemployment and is not sitting at home and is not getting paid.

I wasn't even talking about that. I was talking about the comment "Just go get a job" I haven't said anything about welfare abuse lately.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMasonismylove:
    imageJessys_Girl:
    imageMasonismylove:
    imageJessys_Girl:

MML, thank you for that.

It's been a pretty tough thing to go through (as I'm sure you know). 

Yes. But I did an open adoption. Did you do that?

Yeah.  We have very close friends who live about 3 hours away from us who lost a baby (at 37 weeks gestation) in August and I found out I was pregnant in September.  We knew the right choice was to adopt our daughter to them. We knew that we could not provide for her, and that they would be able to.  It was a really beautiful solution to a difficult situation.  And we are planning to tell our daughter (all four of us) about the adoption when she is older.

Oh my. That must have been rough for them. If you don't mind me asking, what happened to their baby?

Right now i forget the name of the medical issue...but basically there was a blood clot in the baby's cord and it blocked oxygen to the baby.  They didn't know about it, but one day my friend hadn't felt the baby moving and went to the ER and they discovered the baby had passed away.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageCassie730:
    imageHeather R:

imageMasonismylove:
    Yeap and my first stop is your house. 

Looking up the weather in someone's home state= cuckoo.

Saying, "I'm coming for you" = normal.

It's cool if she's joking according to Summer. And if not enough people are up in arms then Summer assumes it's not a big deal and she must have been joking. I'm guessing her comment was just a "joke" so lets all ignore that she said Yankees house was her "first stop".....

IGNORED. And let it be known that just because I am responding to Cassie's 'callout' that doesn't mean I agree with what Yankee or MML said... because I don't...

• Options
    imageJessys_Girl:

I AM HUMAN AND HAVING A REALLY BAD DAY, WEEK, MONTH!  I HAVE HAD TO MAKE A LOT OF SACRIFICES RECENTLY AND AM FEELING REALLY BITTER AND SORRY FOR MYSELF BECAUSE OF IT.  I AM PIS$ED OFF AND JEALOUS THAT THERE ARE OTHERS IN THE WORLD WHO DON'T CURRENTLY HAVE TO SACRIFICE SO MUCH.  AND DAMMIT I COULD USE A FRIGGIN' CIGARRETTE MYSELF EVERY ONCE IN A FRIGGIN' WHILE, BUT CAN'T AFFORD THEM!!!

ahhh I feel better now.

• Options
    imageJessys_Girl:
    imageMasonismylove:
    imageJessys_Girl:
    imageMasonismylove:
    imageJessys_Girl:

MML, thank you for that.

It's been a pretty tough thing to go through (as I'm sure you know). 

Yes. But I did an open adoption. Did you do that?

Yeah.  We have very close friends who live about 3 hours away from us who lost a baby (at 37 weeks gestation) in August and I found out I was pregnant in September.  We knew the right choice was to adopt our daughter to them. We knew that we could not provide for her, and that they would be able to.  It was a really beautiful solution to a difficult situation.  And we are planning to tell our daughter (all four of us) about the adoption when she is older.

Oh my. That must have been rough for them. If you don't mind me asking, what happened to their baby?

Right now i forget the name of the medical issue...but basically there was a blood clot in the baby's cord and it blocked oxygen to the baby.  They didn't know about it, but one day my friend hadn't felt the baby moving and went to the ER and they discovered the baby had passed away.

That's really sad.

If you need to talk, PM me.

• Options

and now she is playing the victim.  I never brought up the adoption.  You can thank your friends dumb and dumber for that.  And since you said thank you to them I assume you opened the door to that inquiry yourself.

This poor homeless man who sleeps in a  cardboard box has probably had a rough decade.  Instead of biitching about it on a mommy forum, he is trying to raise money any way he can.  It is your choice whether you choose to donate or not. 

• Options
    imageJessys_Girl:
    I AM HUMAN AND HAVING A REALLY BAD DAY, WEEK, MONTH!  I HAVE HAD TO MAKE A LOT OF SACRIFICES RECENTLY AND AM FEELING REALLY BITTER AND SORRY FOR MYSELF BECAUSE OF IT.  I AM PIS$ED OFF AND JEALOUS THAT THERE ARE OTHERS IN THE WORLD WHO DON'T CURRENTLY HAVE TO SACRIFICE SO MUCH.  AND DAMMIT I COULD USE A FRIGGIN' CIGARRETTE MYSELF EVERY ONCE IN A FRIGGIN' WHILE, BUT CAN'T AFFORD THEM!!!

ahhh I feel better now.

I am really sorry you ended up in a sucky situation.

But I guarantee you that the people you were shitsing on today have had losses.  A sacrifice is at least freely given. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imaget watley:
    imageJessys_Girl:

ahhh I feel better now.

Yes, and there are a lot of others out there that are making way bigger sacrifices than you daily. Like specifically the HOMELESS person who you are denying the very right to even smoke a damn cigarette without your judgement.

I am sure there are others who make bigger sacrifices.  Doesn't take away my right to vent about mine.

I am also sure that the man standing on the corner has had to make sacrifices.  At the moment I saw him he seemed to be enjoying a pleasure I am not able to have (a cigarette) and it irritated me.  So sue me.

I do not DENY him the right to smoke that cig.  He absolutely has that right.  What I am saying is that he shouldn't beg anyone else for the money to PAY for those cigs.  It is not my (or anyone elses) responsibility to pay for someone else's nicotine habit.

• Options
    imageToledoDeux:
    imageJessys_Girl:

ahhh I feel better now.

You seriously made me LOL with this.  This is all pretty comical.  I was venting people.  It's what we all do EVERY day on TB.  I realize the error in my ways in posting it HERE, but honestly can we just move on already?

• Options
    imageJessys_Girl:

ahhh I feel better now.

Maybe then you can empathize with someone else going through a hard time instead of being so judgmental?

• Options
    imageJessys_Girl:
    imageToledoDeux:
    imageJessys_Girl:

ahhh I feel better now.

You seriously made me LOL with this.  This is all pretty comical.  I was venting people.  It's what we all do EVERY day on TB.  I realize the error in my ways in posting it HERE, but honestly can we just move on already?

lol.  You first.

• Options
    imageyankeebaby2:

and now she is playing the victim.  I never brought up the adoption.  You can thank your friends dumb and dumber for that.  And since you said thank you to them I assume you opened the door to that inquiry yourself.

This poor homeless man who sleeps in a  cardboard box has probably had a rough decade.  Instead of biitching about it on a mommy forum, he is trying to raise money any way he can.  It is your choice whether you choose to donate or not. 

You didn't bring it up, you just questioned it being a true story when somebody else brought it up. So yeah, what you did was worse.

There are no blurred lines, only jail time

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

my blog: Inspirationseeker.blogspot.com
  • Options
    imageyankeebaby2:

I'm not playing the victim at all.  I'm just saying, my post was a VENT.  I said before I don't need or expect apologies.  How is that playing the victim?

I thanked them for their kindness.  but you are a fountain of assumptions today and choose to believe i "opened the door to that inquiry" myself.

I'm sure he's had a rough decade.  And I'm sure he biitches about it to whomever it is that he talks to too....he may not be on a mommy forum but I'm sure he has social interactions of some sort and probably complains about his woes to whoever it is that he talks to....don't we ALL have a right to biitch and complain sometimes?  Or am I not allowed to be in a bad mood and vent just because I'm not homeless or black?

• Options
    imageali_bl-nov05:
    imageyankeebaby2:

You didn't bring it up, you just questioned it being a true story when somebody else brought it up. So yeah, what you did was worse.

ali, I think you have admitted more than once that you just question me because it bugs you that in your words no one calls me on my ***".  You don't really have any credibility with me.  But I give your lame attempt at snark a B- for effort, ok?  

• Options
    imageCassie730:
    imageHeather R:

imageMasonismylove:

It's cool if she's joking according to Summer. And if not enough people are up in arms then Summer assumes it's not a big deal and she must have been joking. I'm guessing her comment was just a "joke" so lets all ignore that she said Yankees house was her "first stop".....

Get your pregnant behind off the bump and check your e-mail for crying out loud!

• Options
    imageCassie730:
    imageHeather R:

imageMasonismylove:

Get your pregnant behind off the bump and check your e-mail for crying out loud!

• Options

And I never even got upset by Yankee's comment.  I wasn't the one who started a post asking for her to apologize to me.  And I in fact said that one was not needed or expected.

So, yeah, I vented, and I've moved on (other than to respond to the comments directed at me).  It was just a vent people, get over it already.

• Options
    imageCassie730:
    imageSummerMoni'Que:
    imageCassie730:
    imageHeather R:

imageMasonismylove:

IGNORED. And let it be known that just because I am responding to Cassie's 'callout' that doesn't mean I agree with what Yankee or MML said... because I don't...

.....saying the word "ignored" isn't actually ignoring something...FYI. Ignoring is when you don't respond to something at all. I think you're confused.

I didn't say I was ignoring your post.. I meant I was ignoring MML's post about Yankee being next.. but I was only saying it in response to your post.. I love how some people don't think about what they post before they post it... You're boring, at least Yankee's *** makes sense... and gives me something to think about or consider her point sometimes..  I need someone who actually knows how to twist and manipulate words so that it at least seems to makes sense.. This is like an i'm rubber your glue type of post... ha.

• Options
    imageyankeebaby2:
    imageali_bl-nov05:
    imageyankeebaby2:

ali, I think you have admitted more than once that you just question me because it bugs you that in your words no one calls me on my ***".  You don't really have any credibility with me.  But I give your lame attempt at snark a B- for effort, ok?  

Absolutely. Again, I'd have nothing to call you out on if you had not been mean on such a sensitive topic, all while pretending to be hollier than the OP. If it makes you feel better, tell yourself that I do it for of kicks and not because you actually messed up, I don't care.

And by gosh, at least come up with your own snarky lines. Where's that freaking (R) sign in this keyboard?, darn.

There are no blurred lines, only jail time

my blog: Inspirationseeker.blogspot.com
  • Options

imageJessys_Girl:
      Or am I not allowed to be in a bad mood and vent just because I'm not homeless or black?

holyshit.

• Options
    imageHeather R:

imageJessys_Girl:
      Or am I not allowed to be in a bad mood and vent just because I'm not homeless or black?

holyshit.

It's okay.  She gave up a baby for adotpion.  She now gets a pass on racism and ignorance for the rest of her natural life. 

• Options
    imageyankeebaby2:
    imageHeather R:

imageJessys_Girl:

holyshit.

It's okay.  She gave up a baby for adotpion.  She now gets a pass on racism and ignorance for the rest of her natural life. 

LOL you crack me up.  I was responding to YOUR comments.  Acting holier than thou and acting as if I don't have a right to vent!  If you look at my OP race was never even mentioned.  YOU brought it up.

And I stand by that comment.  For real, am I not allowed to vent about things I'm irritated by just because someone else might have it worse or because there's racism in the world?  I think every single one of us has the right to complain when we're mad or vent when we're upset.  No matter our status in life.  No matter the color of our skin.  No matter the money in our pockets.  I think it is a fundamental right and freedom to be able to complain.

Someone else said above that I denied a man the right to smoke a cigarette without judgement....FOR REAL???  He didn't even KNOW that I judged him.  He went on about his business and I about mine.  But now, I'M being denied the right to complain without judgement.  TO MY FACE.  At least I had the decency not to say anything to the homeless guy...i recognized that my bitterness was my own issue and therefore brought it to a place where I thought I could just let it out and let it go.  On the other hand several of you ARE saying these things to my face, and are not recognizing that your own judgements of ME go against exactly what you're yelling at me for doing to someone else.

• Options
    imageCassie730:
    imageSummerMoni'Que:
    imageCassie730:
    imageSummerMoni'Que:
    imageCassie730:
    imageHeather R:

imageMasonismylove:

.....saying the word "ignored" isn't actually ignoring something...FYI. Ignoring is when you don't respond to something at all. I think you're confused.

I didn't say I was ignoring your post.. I meant I was ignoring MML's post about Yankee being next.. but I was only saying it in response to your post.. I love how some people don't think about what they post before they post it... You're boring, at least Yankee's *** makes sense... and gives me something to think about or consider her point sometimes..  I need someone who actually knows how to twist and manipulate words so that it at least seems to makes sense.. This is like an i'm rubber your glue type of post... ha.

The purpose of quoting someone is to respond to what they said. If you were saying "ignored" in response to MML's post about Yankee being next then you really don't need to quote me you should quote MML. And 99% of your posts don't include a single period, everything you say is hard to read it's just one big run-on scentence making it pretty illegible. Learn to use periods and paragraphs and maybe it will be more easy to interpret what you're trying to get at and respond to you. The only reason you even have a problem with me is because I disagreed that racism is OK if you do it in a "joking" way and it's gone on all day. That's not "I'm rubber, you're (nor "your" btw) glue" it just a difference in opinion...racism = not funny or a "joke" IMO.

I said that post seemed that way to me not the entire issue at hand.

Holy shiit I made one spelling mistake. My bad... Arrest me.

Last time I checked I didn't give a shiit what you thought about the way I write/type whatever.

And no I don't have a problem with you. Just on this issue because you think you know WTF you're talking about and you don't. I actually just posted else where that I actually like you...

On top of that there was a single period after ignored and it was in response to what your post said, but that seems to have gone over your head as well.

Just like people like to use LOL OMG WTF on the internet doesn't mean I don't know how to write/type spell whatever... It'S nOt LiKe I'm WrItInG lIKe This. I don't see how a few extra periods is so confusing............................................. (Childish I know, but at least I admit it!) Also I see you used 3 periods and didn't add a space, uh oh I don't understand anything you wrote. Sorry.

Editted to rearrange and hit enter a few times.. Maybe it will be easier to read.

• Options

Yowzas, you all have been busy little bees for a Monday! 

FTR, I would like to know what states are paying so much in unemployment that people are choosing to stay on it vs. getting a job.  DH has had to claim it for the past 3 weeks and that $269 a week is no lottery payout.

• Options

How can this thread still be going? It's like the energizer bunny.

• Options
    imagejlthompson19:

FTR, I would like to know what states are paying so much in unemployment that people are choosing to stay on it vs. getting a job.  DH has had to claim it for the past 3 weeks and that $269 a week is no lottery payout.

OMG IT REALLY HAPPENED - how dare you question what happened to someone's SIL's boyfriend's aunt's DCP's cousin?
  • Options
    imageemilydholmes1:

Fo real. They don't just beat the dead horse. They beat the shiit out of the dead horse.

• Options
    imageemilydholmes1:

The best part is that it's a callout thread by an AE. 

• Options
    imageyankeebaby2:
    imageemilydholmes1:

Yeah, I can't even comment anything serious or noteworthy anymore because it has gotten so lame.

• Options
    imageemilydholmes1:
    imageyankeebaby2:
    imageemilydholmes1:

Yeah, I can't even comment anything serious or noteworthy anymore because it has gotten so lame.

I'm picturing her at home on a  chair stroking her cat saying I'll get you next time Gadget

• Options
    imageyankeebaby2:
    imageemilydholmes1:
    imageyankeebaby2:
    imageemilydholmes1:

I'm picturing her at home on a  chair stroking her cat saying I'll get you next time Gadget

That's awesome.

• Options
    imageemilydholmes1:
    imageyankeebaby2:
    imageemilydholmes1:
    imageyankeebaby2:
    imageemilydholmes1:

That's awesome.

where is cassie?  Everytime I throw out an 80's reference she calls me old.  Have you ever geard of reruns, Cassie:)

• Options
    imageyankeebaby2:
    imageemilydholmes1:

Actually, the best part is your backpedaling. 

• Options

imageCassie730:

A few extra periods DID make it harder to read FYI because it connected the thought about Yankee being a lawyer to the thought about pressing charges it was all one big run on thought but then you said it had nothing to do with each other. I must have missed the "I like Cassie" post but whatever.. I'm just saying I've never even remembered anything you've posted about and have no "personal" bump issues. All I did was bring up how you said racism was OK if it was a "joke" and you decided to make it personal.

Uhm where did I say this? I said Since she is a lawyer she should know she can or how to do this... I didn't say she can only do so because she is a lawyer nor did I say it had nothing to do with each other.. I said you interpreted it wrong. If I 'wrote' it wrong my bad, but I never said they had nothing to do with each other..

• Options
    imaget watley:
    imageJessys_Girl:
    imaget watley:

Yes, and there are a lot of others out there that are making way bigger sacrifices than you daily. Like specifically the HOMELESS person who you are denying the very right to even smoke a damn cigarette without your judgement.

I am sure there are others who make bigger sacrifices.  Doesn't take away my right to vent about mine.

I am also sure that the man standing on the corner has had to make sacrifices.  At the moment I saw him he seemed to be enjoying a pleasure I am not able to have (a cigarette) and it irritated me.  So sue me.

I do not DENY him the right to smoke that cig.  He absolutely has that right.  What I am saying is that he shouldn't beg anyone else for the money to PAY for those cigs.  It is not my (or anyone elses) responsibility to pay for someone else's nicotine habit.

Nope, but you did deny him the right to smoke that cigarette without your judgement, which is exactly what I said. Also, you're making assumptions that he purchased those cigs. They may have been a gift, or he may have stolen them or perhaps he grew the tobacco himself in a dumpster and rolled them from salvaged phone books. 

Who farking cares?

The point of all of this is, you're passing judgement about something you know very little about. You're pissed that you can't have a cig? Well, he would probably love the pleasure of chatting on the internet all day and would trade that entire pack of cigs for the opportunity to do so. 

You're making assumptions and exhibiting jealousy towards a man that is clearly in a much worse situation than you are and you don't see even an ounce of wrong in that. 

This is all so bizarre. 

Kinda bizzare how your making judgements and assumptions on OP. You don't know what she's been through that caused this particular issue to urk her. She's allowed to have an opinion. I think it's funny how everyone is so quick to make comments on issues like these, but fail to mention they have done the same thing to someone else, just on a topic that urks them.... The topic that urks you may not be poor/ homeless/ welfare/ etc, but perhaps it's a mom who smokes in the same household as her kids, just not around them. Or perhaps the Dad who gets drunk every night after the kids are down. A person who smokes medicinal pot....Perhaps it's the obese person who doesn't exercise and eats like crap... perhaps it's the person who rolls thier eyes when an old person is talking, or perhaps it's the person on the cell phone in line. No matter the issue, we all have judged. OP is entitled to her opinion and unless you've never judged someone I don't think it's fair to flame someone for essentially the same thing.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageyankeebaby2:
    imageHeather R:

imageJessys_Girl:

holyshit.

wow....  That was kinda harsh and a low blow. I don't know if you mean to come off like this....

• Options
    imageyankeebaby2:
    imageemilydholmes1:

False accusation with absolutely no proof.  It must be "my" fault for not ever hearing about this site til after my DD was born.  Lurked to get a feel for the place and saw right through your insecure bullying which occurs quite often.  It matters not what I say to you anyhow, you perpetuate your false ideas in your make-believe world.  You're a broken record-player.

• Options
    imagesecretmemories13:

Kinda bizzare how your making judgements and assumptions on OP. You don't know what she's been through that caused this particular issue to urk her. She's allowed to have an opinion. I think it's funny how everyone is so quick to make comments on issues like these, but fail to mention they have done the same thing to someone else, just on a topic that urks them.... The topic that urks you may not be poor/ homeless/ welfare/ etc, but perhaps it's a mom who smokes in the same household as her kids, just not around them. Or perhaps the Dad who gets drunk every night after the kids are down. A person who smokes medicinal pot....Perhaps it's the obese person who doesn't exercise and eats like crap... perhaps it's the person who rolls thier eyes when an old person is talking, or perhaps it's the person on the cell phone in line. No matter the issue, we all have judged. OP is entitled to her opinion and unless you've never judged someone I don't think it's fair to flame someone for essentially the same thing.

Who the fvck are you!?! I like you. Wanna be my friend? I don't remember seeing you around before, so you're prob an AE even though you've been a member since 2007...

• Options
    imageSummerMoni'Que:
    imagesecretmemories13:

Who the fvck are you!?! I like you. Wanna be my friend? I don't remember seeing you around before, so you're prob an AE even though you've been a member since 2007...

LOL :) No AE here, been here since the knot days.

I usually stay out of crap like this, because it gives me a headache.

• Options
    imagejlthompson19:

California has a REALLY high unemployment allowance. My mom (orange county) is on unemployment, and they pay her about 1800.00 a month after the taxes are taken out. Granted cost of living is high here, the average rent in my area is about 1100- 1400 for a 1 bedroom apt. Still, looking on craigslist and other job websites, there are many jobs available that actually pay the same or less than unemployment. And we wonder why our state is bankrupt.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"