Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Are there any teeth coming in between 2.5-3 years old?

She is miserable lately, very testy, and no appetite. She claims her mouth hurts and when I give her tylenol (I still give infants because she is still within the weight for it) she goes back to normal. (FWIW I dont give it to her every day).

I have no idea if she has all of her teeth or not because she wont let anyone go near her mouth with a 10 foot pole and the last time I tried to stick my finger in there to feel around she bit me so hard that she broke skin. lol I'm scared to do that again! lol

So are there more teeth around this age or is something else going on?

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Are there any teeth coming in between 2.5-3 years old?

• Options

Has her 2 year molars come in yet (the second set of molars)?  Here is a chart that will tell you if she should be getting more or if she is finished.  If she is finished, I would call your pedi if she is still complaining on Monday.  They may have you take her to a dentist.  

Edit

I forgot to link the chart.

https://www.mychildhealth.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/babyteeth.gif 

• Options

I don't think there should be any more after the 2 year molars. Do her gums look red or swollen? Maybe she has some kind of irritation/gingivitis.

My DD somehow contracted the oral herpes virus and it began with her gums becoming bright red and swollen. She didn't get an actual cold sore until a week or two later.

Hope you figure it out!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagecotner:

Has her 2 year molars come in yet (the second set of molars)?  Here is a chart that will tell you if she should be getting more or if she is finished.  If she is finished, I would call your pedi if she is still complaining on Monday.  They may have you take her to a dentist.  

Edit

I forgot to link the chart.

https://www.mychildhealth.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/babyteeth.gif 

I'm not really sure if they are all in...  I am actually taking her to meet my dentist in 3 weeks so i'll definitely ask then (and hope she lets them take a look).

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Both mine are horrible biters too and d@mn those teeth are sharp.  The best thing I have found to get a look is have DH hang them upside down while sitting in his lap, lean them back to where their heads are hanging and tickle their bellies( that sounds like torture when you type it out but I promise they love it).  They laugh and open their mouths really big and I sit on the floor in front of them and sneak a peek. 
  • Options

imagecotner:
    Both mine are horrible biters too and d@mn those teeth are sharp.  The best thing I have found to get a look is have DH hang them upside down while sitting in his lap, lean them back to where their heads are hanging and tickle their bellies( that sounds like torture when you type it out but I promise they love it).  They laugh and open their mouths really big and I sit on the floor in front of them and sneak a peek. 

yeah we always had to use a tickle method to look inside too!

• Options
    PaigeoPaigeo member
    My DD just turned 3 and still doesn't have any of her 2 yr molars.  So it could be those.  DD has always been a late teether.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS just got his bottom molars and we are working on the top, it's miserable!
  • Options
    DD was the same way, never let me get a look until I found a duck keychain at BB&B (it quacks and is a flashlight too).  It's very small and she loves to play with it and thinks it's hilarious when I ask her to open wide for the ducky.  You can see everything, not sure why I didn't try it sooner.  We also took her to the dentist at 2.5 a few months ago and she really surprised me with how cooperative she was.
  • Options

DS is 2.5 and still hasn't gotten all of his teeth, but it's pretty rare for a kid that age to not have all their teeth.  One of his canine teeth has just barely poked through (he has the other three) and he only has one of his two year molars.  So it could be teeth, if she's a late teether.  However, if she won't let you get near her mouth, this leads me to believe that she might not let you brush them properly, and if not, I'd be really concerned about a cavity.

• Options
    DS is just now cutting the bottom two-year molars.  the tops came in right about at 2 years old.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"