Trying to Get Pregnant

Did you chart before starting TTC?

And if you did, how long beforehand did you start?

I was thinking of starting to chart in June/July, H and I will probably start TTC this winter.  Is that being too weirdly over-prepared?  (In other words, please validate my sanity, lol.)

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Did you chart before starting TTC?

• Yes, I started before we were TTC.  Then we switched from TTA to not trying/not preventing.  I think it is a good idea to start early so you can see what is going on with your body and figure out when you O.  Education is never a bad thing, IMO.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesomnybooks:
    Yes, I started before we were TTC.  Then we switched from TTA to not trying/not preventing.  I think it is a good idea to start early so you can see what is going on with your body and figure out when you O.  Education is never a bad thing, IMO.  

i totally agree!Yes

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

BFP #1 6-8-11 EDD 2-19-12. DD born 2-3-12 via induction due to pre-e.
    BFP #2 9-7-13 EDD 5-22-14. It's a GIRL! DD#2 is on her way.
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't start charting till I was on ttc cycle #2 but I wish I would have started at least 6 months before we started trying!  Definitely start charting now!
  • Yes, I am on my 3rd cycle off birth control pills (charting all three) and will be starting to TTC next cycle. For me it was important because DH works out of town a lot, so we need to be able to predict what week I might O so we can make sure he is home.

If you are on BCP I would definitely recommend getting off it this summer and charting for at least a few months before TTC - a lot of women (like me) are fortunate and are fairly regular (or at least ovulate all/most cycles even if the length may vary) quickly after getting off the pill, but there are also many who have difficulty - going months without a period (and sometimes no O), etc.

~Adrienne~ 

Elias Jonathon, born Feb 2012
    Baby Girl due Mar 2015
  • I did not chart with DD1 or DS2 and I am currently not charting for #3. I just watch for EWCM and other signs and got KU Cycle#1 with both LO's...however, I do understand that is very uncommon. I have been blessed to say the least and I don't take that for granted one bit.

For me personally, charting would add so much stress to TTC. However, charting is really awesome for SO many women. Just depends I guess.

Good luck!! :)

• The last TTA cycle, yes

TTC #1 Since 4/2010, Cycle 30
    Positive for HLA-B27, I'm a mutant :p
    Testing - Me ok, gluten issue? DH - borderline count, low motility
    4/28/11 IUI#1 = BFP!(5/25), EDD 2/2/12 - m/c 5w3d
    7/3, 7/31, 9/25 - IUI#2-4=BFN
    IVF#1 - 1 blast = BFP!! (12/30), EDD 9/9/12, confirmed c/p 4w2d
    FET#1 3/2/12 - 2 blasts =BFP!! EDD 11/18/12, us#1 = twins! Confirmed m/c 5w6d
    4/20-surprise BFP and another c/p 4w2d
    FET#2 7/16/12 - 2 blasts = BFN
    FET#3 8/20/12 - 1 blast - BFP!! Beta #1-2=177, 354
    1st u/s 5w6d, one beautiful little HB :), 2nd u/s 146bpm
    baby girl born 5/10/13

TTC#2 since 12/17/2014, Cycle 8
    Repeat Testing...FSH=12, AMH=3.8, AFC=28. 
    IUI#5 5/10/15- c/p?
    IVF#2 8/19/15 - cancelled due to cysts
    IVF#2 take two 10/2015 - 5 blasts frozen
    FET#4 12/11/2015 - BFN - 4 blasts remaining
    FET#5 2/18/16 - BFP!!!  Beta1-3, 126, 250, 745!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tons of love and ((hugs)) to my IF sister NMscubagirl

• I started charting one month before we started TTC. It wasn't much time, but gave me a practice run at temping, plus it gave FF a month of a heads up in regard to being able to estimate my cycles; for your first few cycles FF's estimates are complete guesses, until it starts to recognize your patterns.
    2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
    IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
    7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
    <a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view
  • Definitely start charting a few months before TTC. I started charting when we started TTC 2 months ago and while my 1st cycle was *regular* I wish I knew if that was a fluke cycle or if I can expect them all to be like that. Also, the sooner you start charting the sooner you can see if you're not ovulating or have a short luteal phase, etc. If there is an issue than hopefully you can resolve it by the time you're ready to TTC. GL!
  • I went of BCP in May 2010 and started charting then. We officially started TTC this January 2011 (we tried 2 random cycles last year). Im so glad I charted because I would have been so confused had I not. My cycle lengths and  O dates were all over the place so I bet I would have thought I was "late" a couple times when I just O'd way later.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I started charting to avoid pregnancy after having my daughter.  Now that we are actively trying again, I have stoped charting because it was too stressful for me to be thinking about it every morning.  That said though, I know now what other signs to look for to tell me I'm ovulating, so knowing that helps a lot and I never would have known that had I not charted.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• I started charting Dec 09 and we started trying March 2010.  I wanted to know if I was ovulating and wanted to keep track of my cycle since I was just coming off of BC.
  • imagedenahamilton@cox.net:

I did not chart with DD1 or DS2 and I am currently not charting for #3. I just watch for EWCM and other signs and got KU Cycle#1 with both LO's...however, I do understand that is very uncommon. I have been blessed to say the least and I don't take that for granted one bit.

For me personally, charting would add so much stress to TTC. However, charting is really awesome for SO many women. Just depends I guess.

Good luck!! :)

This!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • personally I think 2-3 months would be the min. amount I would chart, just to get the hang of everything and get to know your body. So anymore then that you would just be all that more prepared for when you start ttc, so I say go with your gut, if you want to start in june/july you should. GL :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went of BCPs two weeks ago after being on them for 13 years straight and started charting immediately.  We don't plan to start TTC til July and I'm hoping the next two months of charting will help me figure my cycles out.  My husband thinks I'm nuts for charting but that won't stop me ;)  Good luck!
    Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ccamccam member
    Right after we got married I stopped taking the pill - we weren't trying, but would be ready if we did get pregnant. I started charting at that point too, so I've been charting for over 2 years and trying for a year.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• You're not overly prepared at all! Is there such a thing, really? lol

I started charting about 6 months before TTC. It helped me learn when and what it feels like to ovulate. Now I know it so well that I stopped charting (because every little temp change really stressed me out).

I agree completely with pps: stop any bc (especially hormone-based or a non-hormone iud) except for barrier methods, get you some TCOYF and chart it up! 

GL!!

BFP 11/1/11 EDD 7/13/12

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

9 Years Later

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"