Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Hand-me-down Score!

I was talking with my SIL about diapering and mentioned that I'm interested in cloth diapering once LO is out of the newborn size.   I figure I'm going to be a SAHM, so doing some extra laundry won't be a huge deal...and the savings should be awesome.  The catch I was running into is that the start up costs for CD are kinda $$.  As it turns out, she has some she'd be willing to send to us when the time comes (her youngest is 15 mos and she's done having kids).  I need to talk to DH and make sure he's on board with CD (will probably keep some disposables on hand for outings/sitters and such).  Huge score!

She also mentioned that she has a double stroller she'd be willing to ship to us.  We won't need it for awhile seeing as we're still working on #1, but we do intend to try to have our kids close together (mostly bc I'm 34)...so we'll hopefully need that one.  Another potentially huge score! 

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
~All AL'ers welcome~

Re: Hand-me-down Score!

• Options

Awesome score! That's also good that she CD, she can help you with it and answer questions about it. 

SILs are great, mine has 2 kids and I am currently wearing one of the many maternity shirts she gave me, and she's sending me her boppy pillow. Sometimes its good not being the first one to have kids. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    how great!  I know I'll be getting a few hand-me-downs from my SIL as well.  I think CD with occasional disposable backups is great, especially if you can skip the initial costs. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker ........ born 11/16/11 at 36 weeks weighing 3 lbs, 6 oz
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nice!!  I wish someone would give me CD's!  Everyone just tells me I'm crazy for wanting to CD,,,
    BFP 11/09...M/C 1/27/10...TTCAL 3/2010...IUI #1 9/2010 = BFN IUI #2 10/29/2010 = TWINS! EDD 7/25/2010 C-SECTION 7/7/11 at 37.5wks due to severe pre-eclampsia. Liliana born 6lb7oz and Anthony born 5lb4oz Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That is fantastic!!  I got lots of hand me downs from my siblings for DS and it has been awesome!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker Blinkies, Glitter Graphics & more" BFP #1 12/26/06 DS born 08/08/07 BFP #2 12/16/10 EDD 08/23/11 Missed M/C ~7weeks D&C 02/04/11 BFP #3 3/11/11 4/1/10 heard HB 149!!! EDD is 11/17/11
  • Options
    That's great! Finding hand-me-downs is always nice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

This post makes me so happy! We are planning to CD too- I've got a couple hundred bucks in it so far, but we have a really great stash.

I have a friend who owns her own business making fitteds- and at 8 bucks each you can't beat it. I just picked up my recent purchase today and she gave me a whole box of "prototypes"- most of which I'll be able to use at some point.

If you want to add to your stash relatively cheaply you can always go with prefolds and covers. Green Mountain Diapers has great prefolds for pretty cheap. Also- I use spots corner/hyena cart, diaper swappers, and the CD board here to get awesome scores!

After two losses, a rainbow arrived! DD born 11.5.11
    Dx with severe Asherman's syndrome after a botched PP D&C (pursuing med mal)
    Hysteroscopy Oct '13, not enough progress 
    Hysteroscopy Jan '14, given an end-of-the-road diagnosis
    Joined International Asherman's Association April '14 
    Not ready to give up yet.
    Hysteroscopy with Dr. Isaacson (an expert in the USA) 6.2.14: Good prognosis, at least 50% of cavity open.
    Repeat hysteroscopy scheduled with Dr. I on 6.16.14. Great progress. Unbenched!!!!
    Discussing actively TTC with DH after the heartache of the last year. We're both reeling.

Please, please, please. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"