Raleigh Shae Evans or?

What do you guys think between thse names:

Raleigh Claire Evans

Raleigh Shae Evans

Raleigh Kate Evans

Raleigh Marie Evans

Lillian Marie Evans

Emerson Shae Evans

This is my first post - thanks for your input!

(Raleigh is meaningful for us, but is it too strong for a girl's name?? )

{wife, teacher, dog owner} {Isaiah 26:1} {trying to conceive} {www.dianashaedecor.com} my hobby

Re: Raleigh Shae Evans or?

• Options
    What is the significance of Raleigh? I don't really like it but I do like Lilian Marie a lot. I like Shae a lot and think Lilian Shae also sounds nice.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Options
    LOVE Lillian Marie; it's so pretty. The rest are NMS. Raleigh makes me think of the city in North Carolina.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Lillian Marie by far.

How exactly is Raleigh supposed to be pronounced? Like the town in NC?

PS Fenway Park has meaning for H and myself, so we plan on naming our next dog Fenway. Some names are not meant for humans. 

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options

Raleigh is not overly significant, but we stayed at the Raleigh Hotel in Florida for our Honeymoon and fell in love with every inch of the hotel (art deco, 50's style, etc.).

Most people will probably think of Raleigh,NC when they hear it - which is the way it's pronounced.

Lillian Marie seems to be a big favorite! Kate WAS our first choice - but after the royal wedding we are scared it will be very popular. (I'm a teacher and had 8 Kaitlynn's between 3 classes last year - felt badly since it was confusing for us all)

{wife, teacher, dog owner} {Isaiah 26:1} {trying to conceive} {www.dianashaedecor.com} my hobby
  • Options
    BTW - you all have ADORABLE kids! Gosh!
  • Options

Raleigh isn't really my style for a girl but it does soung pretty with Shae. And since its meaningful to you I don't see a problem using it. I know a little girl named Ryleigh so its not that much different. I would diffenitely use Shae as a mn. Its beautiful :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagedianashayevans:

Raleigh is not overly significant, but we stayed at the Raleigh Hotel in Florida for our Honeymoon and fell in love with every inch of the hotel (art deco, 50's style, etc.).

Most people will probably think of Raleigh,NC when they hear it - which is the way it's pronounced.

Lillian Marie seems to be a big favorite! Kate WAS our first choice - but after the royal wedding we are scared it will be very popular. (I'm a teacher and had 8 Kaitlynn's between 3 classes last year - felt badly since it was confusing for us all)

Here's the thing with Kate-- Katherine has been in the top 100 for years and years. It's always been popular and is likely to be popular for years to come. If you really love it, don't let that stop you.

Signed,

A woman naming her son "William"  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I really don't know why in the world you would want to name a child Raleigh. Emerson and all -son names on girls are horrible, ugly and trendy.

Lillian Marie not only beautiful, but it's classic and timeless. It's classy and lovely. You can't get any better than that. :)

If you really, really like Raleigh (like, did you conceive her in Raleigh???) then please use it as a mn. No child should be stuck with such a name.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options

I like the significance of Raleigh for you, but it's the kind of thing I would put in the middle name spot. On this board, most of us (including myself) prefer more traditional formal names... always spelled correctly, and for the correct sex.

The honeymoon hotel inspiration reminds me of this cute little article from Nameberry:

https://nameberry.com/blog/bridal-baby-names-here-comes-the-name

I really like Lillian. How about Lillian Raleigh or Lillian Shae? (I see that Shae is your middle name. I like that!)

PS: A friendly tip for the new gal: You may not want to include your last name in Bump posts. If you are worried about the flow of the name, you could say something like "Last name is two syllables and starts with E."

Welcome to the Bump!

• Options
    thank you for welcoming me to the bump! this is fun to see how each name is perceived - I wish I could change my user name but it seems too late for that. :(
  • Options
    Lillian Marie is lovely.  If you really want to use Raleigh, I would use it as a middle name.
  • Options
    Lillian Shae sounds really pretty - hmmmmmm you guys are making me reconsider Lillian a little closer. It's my H's favorite too. :)
  • Options
    to me, raleigh is way too masculine but would be fine for a middle name. also, i think the traditional spelling is shea. my vote is for lillian shea.
  • Options

imagedianashayevans:
    Lillian Shae sounds really pretty - hmmmmmm you guys are making me reconsider Lillian a little closer. It's my H's favorite too. :)

Shae is indeed very nice sounding with Lillian. :0)

BTW, Diana is a pretty name.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options

I like Raleigh Claire or Emerson Claire.

There is a little girl in my daughter's preschool class named Raleigh.  They pronounce it Ray-lee.  Cute name either way you pronounce it. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    While Lillian is pretty, I find it to be much more popular than Kate. I work in early intervention and have treated multiple Lillys, Lilys and Lillians. I would reconsider Kate or Katherine.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am trying to stay classic, feminine, and not too popular. Yet on the other hand - not too odd that she has to spell it 1878963 for people like I did "shay".
  • Options

imagedianashayevans:
    I am trying to stay classic, feminine, and not too popular. Yet on the other hand - not too odd that she has to spell it 1878963 for people like I did "shay".

I'd go with Katherine Shea. Lillian/Lily/Lillie/Lilly/Lili us SO popular right now, and Raleigh is definitely going to be "one of those names." Maybe Katherine Raleigh?

imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I really like Lillian Marie a lot, or Lillian Shae as a pp mentioned.
  • Options
    I think one of the problems with Raleigh is that many people will assume that her name is Riley + accent. I don't know where you live, but it could be annoying, especially in parts of the South where there is not a vast difference between the pronunciation of Raleigh and Riley (just imagine Maci from Teen Mom saying "Riley").
  • Options
    imageBananaPancake:

imagedianashayevans:

I'd go with Katherine Shea. Lillian/Lily/Lillie/Lilly/Lili us SO popular right now, and Raleigh is definitely going to be "one of those names." Maybe Katherine Raleigh?

I'm not a fan of Raleigh for a FN, but it could work as a middle name!

• Options

I just realized the Shay in your name is spelled this way. I would probably stick with that, since it's your spelling, but since you seem to be considering changing it to a different spelling, may I recommend Shea? I think it looks a little more refined than Shae, whereas Shae seems a bit more country sounding, if that makes sense. Country is not necessarily a bad thing, if that's your style. But you said yourself you wanted to go for "classic".

You said you were new... have y'all been through the Social Security Top 1000 Popularity list yet? If not, I highly recommend it. What you do is print off two copies. Then together, decide what will be classified as "too popular" for you and your husband (my personal cutoff is #200), and cross those off the list. Then you and your husband each go through your copy of the list seperately and cross off the names you don't like. Whatever is left that you have in common is what you have to choose from! It's a great way to get the ball rolling, and to find some great classic names you knew all along, but hadn't thought about lately.

Here's the link to the list (it's at the bottom of the page):

https://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/

Also, if you plan to change your user name and start over, it would be better to do it now, than it would be to do it months down the road, after you have built relationships with these ladies (which I guarantee will happen if you stick around) and they all know you by a certain user name. I'm not trying to pressure you to change it. I'm just saying if you do want to change it, now's the time to do it. Wink

• Options

While I understand the reason you like Raleigh.. .consider this.

How would you like to be the kid who finds out he/she is named after a hotel where your parents spent their honeymoon having sex?  How embarassing for your child! :)

IMO.. that's the kind of reasoning for naming a dog or cat.. not a child.

• Options

Raleigh Claire Evans No

Raleigh Shae Evans No

Raleigh Kate Evans No

Raleigh Marie Evans No

Lillian Marie Evans Yes

Emerson Shae EvansNo

I just can't picture Raleigh as a name, I like Lillian and I think of Emerson as a boys name.

What about Kate Raleigh or Lillian Raleigh if you really want the symbolism I think those are much prettier

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Options

Lillian is lovely.

If you really love Raleigh (MH likes this name as well, but for the bikes), then perhaps move it to the MN spot?  It's a bit much (and not very feminine) for the FN, IMO. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Not a fan of Raleigh.  And honestly, no kiddo wants to be named after a hotel that their parents stayed at for their honeymoon.  It might be sweet and romantic for you, it will be seriously gag-worthy to them when they get older and realize what most couples do for a good portion of their honeymoon ;).  I'm only half kidding....

As the mother of a Kate (whose full name is Katherine Grace), I personally have not run into many others.  I have one close friend with a Kate (full name Kate Elizabeth) and one friend with a Katie (full name Katherine Marie).  I go to many library storytimes, Kate was in daycare for a year, and I participate in a lot of play groups. There are no other Kates or Katherines.

Of course, this could change with the wedding.  But I honestly doubt it.  Katherine has been in the top 100 for more than a century and people who didn't love it before probably won't fall in love just because of Kate Middleton.  At least I am hoping not! :) 

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Options

imagedianashayevans:

Weird!  My name is Shay too, but I've never met a female that spelled it "Shea" or "Shae".  I have met two guys who both spelled it "Shea" though. 

• Options
    my vote is for lilian kate or lilian claire
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagetct1219:

to me, raleigh is way too masculine but would be fine for a middle name. also, i think the traditional spelling is shea. my vote is for lillian shea.

I agree with tct that it should be spelled Shea.  My middle name is Shea and the Shae just looks...off. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
  • Options
    I just wanted to say that I prefer Ryleigh to Raleigh.  It makes me think of rally - like political rally or car rally or something.
  • Options
    imageCTri17:

Raleigh Claire Evans No

Raleigh Shae Evans No

Raleigh Kate Evans No

Raleigh Marie Evans No

Lillian Marie Evans Yes

Emerson Shae EvansNo

I just can't picture Raleigh as a name, I like Lillian and I think of Emerson as a boys name.

What about Kate Raleigh or Lillian Raleigh if you really want the symbolism I think those are much prettier

This!

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • Options
    imagekrissyh21:

Lillian Marie by far.

How exactly is Raleigh supposed to be pronounced? Like the town in NC?

PS Fenway Park has meaning for H and myself, so we plan on naming our next dog Fenway. Some names are not meant for humans. 

This!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Options

I love the name Raleigh and i like shae spelled like your name i think its a beautiful name. I LOVE the name.I considered it but my husband is pretty boring so its out for me.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"