Multiples
Options

NBR: How much did you pay for your wedding dress?

2»

Re: NBR: How much did you pay for your wedding dress?

• Options
    Mine was $4500...seems like a lot, but I absolutely loved and still love my dress! As a matter of fact, it's still hanging in my closet! Embarrassed I just can't part with it
    MoM to twins!! L & O born 11/29/10
  • Options

$3,000 + $500 for alterations + $150? for the veil

Yep I paid more in alterations than some people do on their dress.  Surprise

Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

$300 Big Smile

I bought it from j.crew the first year they started doing wedding gowns.  I LOVED it.

• Options

$90.  It was so random that I even found it.  It was at a bridal showing from a shop selling last year's dresses to clear space for the next year.  I have no idea what it originally retailed for.  

I am still glad that we spent more on our honeymoon than our wedding in total.  Sooo worth it for me.  I am not a wedding person though.   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I also had a Maggie Sottero and I think it was about $500 (in 2008). I got it from bestbridalprices.com, so it came with a free veil and shoes.

BTW, the corset back is a FANTASTIC move. I was so glad I had the flexibility in sizing on the day of the wedding.

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Options

$800 in 2006.  Im a very price concious person too, and I think $1000 is great!   Things are so expensive anymore.....

Spontaneous Di/Di twin boys born at 34 weeks on 02/21/2011
    Baby #3 due January 2016
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options

$2200 and that was buying a floor model at half off! Not including alterations or veil or shoes or any of the rest of it.

The designer was Peter Langner. 

I did love it. I still do. No regrets.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I bought my dress off the rack and paid about $450 for it.  I didn't need any alterations, and my Mom did the bustle.  Your choices are both beautiful, and I don't think $1000 seems outrageous as long as it's in your budget.  I would have had no problem paying more for my dress, I just happened to get a really good deal on the dress I fell in love with:)
  • Options
    Mine was about $2300, I don't remember what I paid for the veil and alterations. I loved my dress, I saw it in a bridal magazine, tracked it down and fell in love with it. It was a Demetrios Couture.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    $500. And it included a veil, crystal tiara, purse and shawl. It was a bridal show special :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    KMB7KMB7 member

700 for the dress(shop included all alterations in price of dress), MIL maid my veil.

I found the same dress for 650 at a different shop, but knew that it would need alterations. I went with the shop that I paid 50 more and any alteration would be done. :) 

TTC since 7/06, found out about PCOS on 8/31/06 Dec.2007~ Metformin 1500mg, prenatals, Femara 2.5mg)(cd3-7), Gonal F 100iu(cd5-?) and Ovidrel with TI. DH~ antibiotics to improve motility (cd1-10)
    Beta #1 15dpo 298, Beta #2 18dpo 1048
    Family Blog
    Infertility Blog
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers image
  • Options

$800 back in 2005. I think with alterations and my veil it was about 1k.

I love you choices! Keep us updated with your wedding planning!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Brand new on Ebay $150 in 2004.  We had a small wedding, but I still think I got a bargain considering it was a pretty famous brand name and looked beautiful.  I also saved a ton on alterations because I had a  laced corset top which required nothing and a skirt that fit perfectly except the length which my MIL hemmed for me.  The train was detachable so I didn't need a bustle.
  • Options
    Talked them down to $2100.  And it was well worth it!!  Everyone raved about my dress. Eveywhere I went to look I brought a picture of a $5500 Melissa Sweet dress that I was in love with.  Well, one place had the exact dress by Marissa who does knock offs.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    $1,100 with the veil 6 yrs ago
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    $1000 was my budget on how much I wanted to spend, or didn't want to go over at least. I ended up finding one I LOVED at davids bridal for $550
    Spontaneous ID Twin Girls - born 38w 2d Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"