Military Families
Options

Hickam?

Is anyone stationed at (or recently left) Hickam? We're PCSing there at the beginning of June and I was wondering about what housing on base is like and what anyone thought about Tripler, more specifically their L&D/Women's Health sections. I'll be just about 31 weeks pregnant when we get there and switching providers that late is making me nervous!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Hickam?

• Options
    When we were stationed in Hawaii I was pregnant and saw the midwifes at Tripler. That pregnancy ended in a m/c so I didn't get to experience all of it, but I LOVED the midwifes. They were way better than the ones I've encountered at Womack. There was one doctor doing the rounds in OBGYN that did the u/s that discovered the m/c and she was horrible and incredibly insensitive (I'm sorry I don't remember any names), but the second opinion I got from the male doctor in the actual radiology department was amazing and very comforting.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My husband isn't stationed at Hickam, he's in the Navy so I don't know about there housing.  But I am currently going to Tripler I'm 23 weeks and everyone there is really nice.  I'm actually seeing the same doctor every time I go which didn't happen at the other military hospital I went to.  So that's nice my only thing is the doctor i'm seeing wont be delivering my baby and I wont know who is until i'm delivering.  But other then that I'm having a pretty good experience so far.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! We're currently at Langley AFB & I'm able to see the same midwife for all of my appointments but I also wouldn't know who would deliver my LO. So no big change there! :)
    I can't wait to get to Hawaii!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh I had my first at Portsmith.  And I never saw the same doctor which was really annoying.  But it's really nice being able to see the same doctor now.  I've lived here in Hawaii for about a year and a half now.  It's nice here if you like the sun all the time and going to the beach. 
  • Options

I had my son at Tripler and L&D and the Mother baby unit was really great there were a couple of nurses that I didnt care for but you can find that anywhere. I see different providers every appointment but only because I want to. 

L&D rooms are all private(duh) and the MBU rooms are private as well unless they have an overflow. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"