Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Preparing for 1st u/s

Our first ultrasound is on Thursday and I can't keep the negative thoughts out of my head.  I am so worried 24/7 that there will be no heartbeat, it will be a molar/ectopic pregnancy, etc.

My blood work was pretty good.  My levels doubled normally (measured 3 times) and my progesterone was 26 or 27 at my last draw.  Last time, my progesterone was 10.3 at 6 weeks and they didn't measure HCG at all.  I am nervous that even though those numbers are good, maybe that is what happened last time and then by the time I had the first draw they lowered. 

Long story short- how did you distract yourself or keep positive thoughts in mind prior to the first u/s after your miscarriage?  I want to be positive and happy but at the same time, I don't want to get my hopes up.

Pregnancy Ticker Missed m/c 11/30/2010

Re: Preparing for 1st u/s

• Options
    *listening* My first u/s is on Thursday too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagelotus88:

Good luck!  How far along will you be?

Pregnancy Ticker Missed m/c 11/30/2010
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    There is no simple distraction. Just try to live doing your regular daily activities. Go see a movie, grab lunch with a girlfriend, focus on work,  etc. I didn't get super nervous until hours before at which point I thought I would vomit. Praying for the best of luck for you and your little bean.
  • Options

There was no distracting myself really. I guess I tried to tell myself it was all out of my hands at that point. I prayed a lot and tried to stay busy while hoping for the best, but also preparing my head for the worst. I tired to take it day by day, and I still do. 

I don't think you will fee calm before any ultrasound. I still get panicky before mine now.  

• Options
    KMLPKMLP member
    Good luck.  My first u/s is Monday and I'm trying my best to stay calm, but inside I'm freaking out a bit.  It's really early in the morning, and I think that will be good.  All of my other u/s, I've had to wait until the afternoon and that was really hard.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Two angel babies 11/09 and 4/10
  • Options
    sytomsytom member
    I just tried to keep myself busy... I downloaded tons of apps for my iPod.  I just tried to keep my mind off everything.  Plus, like someone else wrote, I repeated to myself that it's off my hands.  I hoped for the best and I still have to.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I just try to focus on the positive things going on up until that u/s... the good beta #'s, my progesterone draw, the fact that I was taking supplements, and knowing that at my first u/s (at around 4w) there was a "suspected gestational sac".

I knew the u/s would be an anxious time for me (as they would not let DH in and I wouldn't see/be told anything), so I just took it one day at a time, knowing I would only know the results nearly a week after at my dr's appt.

I was 7w1d when I went and I hadn't had any spotting since starting the prog supplements, so I was also keeping that in mind.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    Honestly, I was a nervous wreck waiting for my early u/s'! I just did my best at trying to keep myself occupied.
  • Options
    imageLaura23FP:

imagelotus88:

Good luck!  How far along will you be?

7 weeks, 1 day.
  • Options
    I agree with pp's... try to stay busy.  I have had 2 u/s with another coming up this week, plus I have a home doppler and I am still always nervous that the next time something will have changed... I just try to stay busy and keep my thoughts positive!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker Blinkies, Glitter Graphics & more" BFP #1 12/26/06 DS born 08/08/07 BFP #2 12/16/10 EDD 08/23/11 Missed M/C ~7weeks D&C 02/04/11 BFP #3 3/11/11 4/1/10 heard HB 149!!! EDD is 11/17/11
  • Options
    It was hard to wait for the u/s. I knew it was out of my hands and I prepared myself for the worst (2 previous miscarriages). It sounds depressing, but I think that actually helped me because I had nothing to lose from that point of view. Turns out we had a heartbeat. One thing that helped DH and I was planning something for after the u/s that we could look forward to (like a date!). I know it's hard, but you'll be fine!
  • Options
    I didn't stay positive Embarrassed. DH did though. He would give "pep" talks to the baby about what it needed to be developing and how it needed to have a hb for mommy. It made me laugh and kept things light. I tried to plan what I would do if things didn't work out, but overall I was a wreck. Things looked great and it was one of the best days of my life! Hoping and praying for the same for you!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"