Military Families
Options

PCSing/changing OBs?

I know, I know, I should just call Tricare...but I'm lazy, and figured it'd be much easier to just ask here first.

We're PCSing next month, so I obviously need to line up a new OB. I'm currently seen at a civilian practice because there isn't a military hospital nearby, and will be in the same situation at our new duty station. So what's my first step -- contact Tricare to choose an OB, or contact the new OB to make sure they'll accept me as a patient, and then inform Tricare?

Tricare hasn't been on my good side lately, so the less I have to deal with them, the better.

TIA.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PCSing/changing OBs?

• Options
    We PCS'd from West to East coast literally 4 days ago. I was seeing an OB at an MTF/on base with TriWest, but now we are at a reserve base and there's no MTF what so ever. I had to get a referral from a PCM here in order to get assigned an OB. Make sure you bring all your medical records!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    I LOVE MY THREE KIDS! :)
    imageimageimage
    Want great discounts?? Want to earn free Scentsy or even earn some extra money??
    Click on the logo and ask me how!
  • Options
    I have Standard. I picked an OB from the network and made an appt. I never had to talk to Tricare at all.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Go to tricare.com and find their list of providers for your new area and then call the providers you are interested in to set up interviews for when you move.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Per instructions given by Tricare, I went to my new PCM once we moved, but they took FOREVER to submit my referral so I called Tricare and told them who I wanted to go to.  Once Tricare approved it I called the new OB and asked their policy for requesting records and took care of that accordingly.  The new OB wouldn't fully accept me as a patient until they had the time to review my records.  The frustrating thing for me was that we knew we were moving a few wks in advance but Tricare wouldn't really help me until we actually had an address to move to.  Good luck!  I hope it goes smoothly for you!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"