D.C. Area Babies
Options

baby carrier or sling use for 3 week old? too soon?

I am really dying to be somewhat hands free when she is awake (or even when she is asleep and I want her to be close), but fear that she is too young for a carrier or sling. What are your thoughts?  Recommendations? I don't foresee using it constantly, and know that is not recommended, but using it here and there it would make things easier.  Thanks!

Re: baby carrier or sling use for 3 week old? too soon?

• Options
    we used our wrap and sling from day 5, but you can start at day 1. what carrier do you have?
    Doula, mama and student prego with number 2. Yay! www.endeavorsin.com
  • Options
    We did the Moby wrap with two of our kids that early.  We used it constantly with DS, who was a colicky mess, sometimes that was the only way he would sleep - wrapped tight against me.  Go for it - the freedom of hands free is lovely.
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used my Ergo from day 1.   Go for it.  If she wants to be carried, she'll love being snuggled up against you.
  • Options
    I waited until LO was 8 lbs to use the moby and ergo, so about 4 weeks, I think. But he was really little and floppy. They are great for getting things done around the house.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Loved our Moby with both girls from day 1.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Another fan of the Moby.  Used it a ton with DD #1, but hardly at all with DD #2.  She's just not in to being worn.
  • Options
    I had LO in the Moby in the hospital. I switched to a woven within a few weeks because it was more supportive and I have major back issues.
  • Options
    You can start using some slings and wraps right away. I also used the Ergo with the infant insert when M got up to the weight limit (8 pounds I think).
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone! I have a sling similar to Moby, but having a hard time figuring it out...need to practice..I also have an Ergo (but need the infant insert), and someone gave me their hand me down Baby Bjorn..so I have them all, but was afraid to use them!  I may try the bjorn since I think the one I have says she can be 8 lb for its use. Good to know others started early as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"