Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

When to drop down to 3 bottles?

DS gets 4 bottles a day right now (20-25 oz). He gets one around 6-7am right when he wakes up, one at 10am, one at 2pm, and one at 6pm right before he goes to bed. I read that once they are a year they should be getting less milk (15-18ozs) and more food calories. I was wondering if anyone is already down to 3 bottles and when you cut one or what your schedule is for bottles/milk? TIA!
imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: When to drop down to 3 bottles?

• Options
    We're still doing 4, but he's taking less and less in the afternoon bottle. I think he's decreased to maybe 4oz now on his own, so I'm just going to continue decreasing it bit by bit until it's gone.
  • Options
    We just started doing 3 bottles/day last week - 6 oz each, maybe 8 oz at bedtime.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We dropped the bedtime one at 10 months.  He gets 3x6oz sippy cups.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

DS is 11months and we are down to 2 bottles. He's a big boy (27ish lbs) so we dropped the afternoon bottle probably 1.5mos ago. Doctor isn't concerned because he gets plenty of calories/nutrients. Even those 2 bottles he is slowly dropping himself, we try 8oz in both and he hardly drinks it all.

• Options
    our pedi told us he wanted DS to be at 3 bottles (20ish oz total) by 9 months... and he'd stay there until we switched to whole milk.  I'm not sure what he's going to do at that point, it he'll suggest sticking to three or what.  But he did say he wanted him down to 16 oz by 1 year. 
    Preston!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    he just started last week.  we was sleeping through his 11am one and I just didn't give it to him anymore.
  • Options
    My little one is doing 4 bottles about 5 oz each. When he misses on, he's fine and I thought we'd be ready to drop one, but just saw the doc today and she said he should be getting at least 24oz...but closer to 32oz would be nice. You've got to be kidding me; he eats 3 full meals of table food a day, plus snacks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"