Houston Babies
Options

carseat/ stroller options

What do you ladies use? Love it? Hate it?

Just trying to get as many opinions as possible. I'm thinking I'm going to get a Keyfit 30. And I know that I dont want to get the travel system. So just looking to see what you ladies use and love.

Photobucket

Re: carseat/ stroller options

• Options
    The Chicco Trevi stroller is smaller than the travel system stroller but still accepts the Keyfit30. It also folds long and skinny like an umbrella stroller rather than huge and flat like a TS stroller, which makes it take up much less cargo space in the back of the car. Loved it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have the Baby Jogger City mini with an adapter bar so that it can be used with the Chicco Keyfit. I don't have an outside baby yet, but we have wheeled it around the house and love it so far. :)
    DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageNanner22:

What do you ladies use? Love it? Hate it?

Just trying to get as many opinions as possible. I'm thinking I'm going to get a Keyfit 30. And I know that I dont want to get the travel system. So just looking to see what you ladies use and love.

we also have the keyfit 30 and we decided on the babyjogger city mini.  it's been fabulous so far.  we had to get the infant seat adapter, but it's super easy to attach.  we like how the infant seat sits high up and faces us, so it's easy to keep an eye on her.  it is really easy to steer with one hand, lightweight and easy to fold up.  watch the video on their website: https://babyjogger.com/demo_videos.aspx    love it!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    LOVE my City Mini!  I had a Graco carseat but did use the adapter and it was great.  The travel systems just seem so bulky and heavy to me in comparison.
  • Options

We had the Keyfit 30.  DS outgrew the height before the weight on it, so in the end we could have gotten the smaller one (22 maybe?).

For stroller, we got a Snap N Go to use in the beginning and then the Baby Jogger City Mini.  When we bought it all, the City Mini carseat adaptor didn't work with the Chicco carseats, however now they have one that will.  I for the same price (about $60) I still would have gone with the SNG since it is super lightweight and easy to use.

• Options

We are still using the Chicco Keyfit and we didn't even get the Keyfit 30 but DD is just under 20 lbs and still has another inch before she grows out of it. Love the Keyfit though.

We got the travel system and though many complain about it's size, I don't mind it. We borrowed a SNG when she was a few months old and it is much easier to use but I don't regret having the big stroller. We use it on walks and at the zoo since it is roomy and has a much bigger basket than our umbrella stroller.

I don't jog with baby so I didn't ever consider a jogger and they all looked just as bulky to me as the travel system stroller so we went that route.

• Options

I loooove my UppaBaby Vista, although I haven't pushed an actual baby around in it yet. You have to buy an attachment that will allow you to attach the Keyfit to it, if you want to go that route. I definitely did not want a traditional travel system.

I didn't like the Baby Jogger (although it's really popular) because their adaptor didn't have a locking mechanism for my carseat. The strap just seemed really unstable to me and DH shot it down immediately.

• Options
    imagecali_girl92504:

I don't jog with baby so I didn't ever consider a jogger and they all looked just as bulky to me as the travel system stroller so we went that route.

Also FYI, the Baby Jogger City Mini is not a jogging stroller. Baby Jogger is just the name of the brand. You can't jog/run with the City Mini. It's actually pretty compact.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    we also have the keyfit 30 and love it, we got the travel system and can't complain so far. We just got back from a weekend at fiesta texas and sea world and it was great! I personally like the size of the stroller for outings like that, we also have a smaller jogging stroller and umbrella stroller for day to day use. I would suggest going to babies r us and trying everything out. Maybe grab a diaper bag before you head to the stroller isle and try out the storage, see how easy it is to get everything in and out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"