Multiples
Options

which cabinet/drawer locks do your rec (magnetic vs traditional)

I'm starting to babyproof.  The magnetic locks look good but I was wondering if it is a pain to always find the magnet to unlock them.  Any other advice? TIA
IVF #3 10/09 BFP! 12dp3dt Beta #1 = 319 14dp3dt Beta #2 = 565 21dp3dt Beta #3 = 10,475! u/s showed twins!! IVF 12/12 BFP! image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: which cabinet/drawer locks do your rec (magnetic vs traditional)

• Options
    We only have one cabinet babyproofed, the one under our sink. We use the magnetic locks and I really like them. We keep the magnet on our stove hood, which is right by the sink, and so it's always handy. Is there a central place like that you can keep the magnet?
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    I guess I was thinking I had to lock up all the cabinets.  But come to think of it, the cabinets with tupperware and pots and pans don't really need to be locked, do they?
    IVF #3 10/09 BFP! 12dp3dt Beta #1 = 319 14dp3dt Beta #2 = 565 21dp3dt Beta #3 = 10,475! u/s showed twins!! IVF 12/12 BFP! image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I used the magnet locks for my DS about 12 yrs. ago and I LOVED them.  I think I kept one on the fridge...and a back up magnet in a drawer.  I was mostly worried about the cabs. down low ...(that held cleaners, etc)

I remember my ex complaining about drilling them/installing them....but once he had 1 done, he copied the pattern for the rest, and installation went pretty smooth.

TTC for 12 years. m/c 2009. BFP on New Year's 2010. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

We LOVE the magnetic locks! My DH did not like the idea of drilling in the doors for the traditional locks.

In the kitchen we keep the magnet on the base of our sink.

In our bathroom on the light fixture.

• Options

We have the adhesive magnetic locks and for the most part I like them.  I really like them because you can turn them "off" if you want to.  For example, I had one on the trash pullout because DDs were into that for a time.  However, I would just turn it "on" if they were in the area/bothering it and therefore it wasn't a problem most of time.  For the most part, they have ignored the cabinets.  I have had problems with the latches pulling off however, particularly if DH forgot there was a lock on a drawer and tried to open it.  We keep the magnet in a drawer stack of kid stuff we have on the counter.

We do have different locks for our pantry and under the sink (ones that attach two handles together).

2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"