North Carolina Babies
Options

Homemade babyfood...Meats?

Today I attempted homemade pureed turkey for DS with a little garlic, oregano and basil.  I always taste everything before giving to him and it tastes ok, but the texture is just awful...it is very gritty.  I plan to mix it with a veggie like carrots, sweet potatoes or squash and a little rice cereal in hopes the texture will not bother Tipp. 

For those who made their own foods, especially meats, do you have any tips on how I can get this smoother?  I made sure the meat was cold as suggested on Wholesomebabyfood.com and I tried both my food processor and blender.  

Re: Homemade babyfood...Meats?

• Options
    No help here - I always had the same issues. It was just SO gross!
  • Options

Thanks...DH was disgusted I was giving it to DS.  I think I may just end up buying a few jars of meat baby food, at least until we move onto small bites of meat. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBensBride2006:

Thanks...DH was disgusted I was giving it to DS.  I think I may just end up buying a few jars of meat baby food, at least until we move onto small bites of meat. 

That is exactly what we did. It won't be too long before he can have little bites - they grow up so fast! 

• Options
    I never had luck with meat purees either. We just waited until she was ready for small bite to give her meat. That was between 7 & 8 months.
    PortraitBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We never did meat purees, homemade or otherwise, pureed meat just seemed kind of gross to me LOL!  We just waited until he was old enough to eat small bites of shredded chicken/ground beef and went from there.
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

we did very little meat "purees" here either.  it was just gross lol.  so i would add lentils and brown rice to the veggie purees i made so that there was more protein w/o the gross nubby meat. 

what very little pureed meat we served was always very well mixed w/veggies and cheese.  that helped mask the texture a lot.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We didn't make our own, but those jarred pureed meats are just as gross as homemade, if not more gross! Holly did love the "meals" by Beech-Nut (pasta w/ veggies & beef, chicken and apples, even ham & pineapple). But I bet he'd be ok to try pieces of ground or shredded meat soon.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"