Stay at Home Moms
Options

Are you FREAKING KIDDING ME DH???

DH is taking a class two nights a week in the city.  When he asked if it was ok with me, I said of course.  I have been encouraging him to find something to do other than being a husband, dad and work...I have my book club, girls nights, knitting, etc.  

DH usually works late one or two nights a week anyway, so with the two nights of school on top of that we are not seeing him as much as usual and it is sometimes hard on me and we just generally miss him- but it ok, because, as I said, he need something new.  

I don't complain, I listen to him talk about his class, I show interest, wait up for him each of the nights, etc.  

Today he is sitting on the couch and Lily is talking to him and trying to climb in his lap.  He set her down and told her (in a nice way) to go sit with me and to keep it down because he is doing his homework.  I then told him (nicely) that if he needs to concentrate, he should go in the home office (which he has practically taken over this winter anyway) because it is absurd to expect a 2 year old to change her ways in our SHARED living space.

He then got snippy with me and said he can do his homework anywhere he wants and THEN told me that I need to support him.  

So, I asked him in what way am I not supporting him???  And he says that I should support him being able to do his homework on the couch.

The worst part is he is not kidding and does not seem to realize that he is acting like a whiney child and the whole discussion is totally absurd.

I am seriously frustrated with him right now and want to cry (I cry when I am angry).  I also want to leave the room, but I don't have anywhere to go with Lily because this is where her toys are.  

In moments like these I wonder where the man I married has gone and when was he replaced by a spoiled little boy??? 

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

Re: Are you FREAKING KIDDING ME DH???

• Options
    That sucks, he's being a baby.  Sorry. :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

there has to be more there than face value.

I would bet you (mind you i am practically a lifetime student) that the class is stressing him out- and he wishes he took up golf for fun instead of a class that gives homework. you get my drift.

that is a sucky way of dealing with it though.

sorry :(

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageStacyc625:

there has to be more there than face value.

I would bet you (mind you i am practically a lifetime student) that the class is stressing him out- and he wishes he took up golf for fun instead of a class that gives homework. you get my drift.

that is a sucky way of dealing with it though.

sorry :(

I agree with you that there has to be something else...but it still doesn't excuse the childish (and seriously random) behavior.

I am feeling better now.  Thanks for letting me vent. 

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• Options

Nope- totally doesn't excuse it.

Vent away!

I would just talk to him later tonight and asked him what the deal was-

Because as you said- that is just completely unrealistic to expect a 2yr old to be calm. Especially when she is trying to get her daddy's attention.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I agree with Stacy.  He is stressed and taking it out on you.  My DH tends to deal with stress this way.  It has gotten to the point that I immediately say, "Really?  I am the one that is stressing you out or is it ____?" (Yes, I am quite sarcastic normally, so this is how I talk;-)  But he immediately stops then.  He recognizes he does it and is making an effort to place stress/angeer, etc where it belongs.

Just like you sre supporting his endeavors, he needs to support you and your daughter too.  If there is a reasonable place for him to do his homework and there is really only one play space in the house, he needs to move himself.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options

DH will get like that when he is stressed about work. He'll bring his laptop on the couch and then complain that we are too noisy and the kids are bothering him.

I just tell him to suck it up, go in the office and get it done. Then he can come out and spend time with us much quicker.

• Options

Hmmmm, different issue, but same frustration and question: where is the man I married (or the man I thought he was, anyhow).  I am sorry.  I would be really mad...it seems you are being so wonderful about it and he is being selfish.  Hang in there!

Or offer to make the home office her play room so he can feel free to do homework on the couch everynight?  Okay, petty I know, but the thought made me chuckle.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

my dh is ridiculous about his homework, too. i can't type in the same room with him because it's distracting. i can't do dishes or anything else, either. he won't go in the bedroom to work on it, because dd's knocking at the door is distracting. so he does all of his homework either after dd goes to bed or he stays at work and does it at work.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"