Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

**Newbie Playdate** Flamefree Answers to your ?s

2»

Re: **Newbie Playdate** Flamefree Answers to your ?s

• Options
    I could probably just google this, but thought I'd ask here.  How does vitamin B6 work to lengthen your LP? How long does it take to make a difference?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Ok  I've got one...last week I saw an RE for the first time because of my irregular cycles. They've been 45 days, 34 days, and the longest so far since getting of BCP was 49 days last month. Right now I'm at CD 57 (neg HPTs), do I still need to give the doc a call if I go past CD 60? The plan they have for me right now is to have BW done this week, and then start Clomid next month if the BW doesn't show anything abnormal. He thinks I'm just not ovulating. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagetapnpsych:

I feel silly asking this one- but I just can't figure it out :(

How do you get your FF ticker to show up in your siggy (not just the link to your chart)?  I've been trying for a while with no luck.

You want to go to Tools/Sharing Community/Tickers. Enjoy!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageTropicalbride09:

So my question is regarding vaginal bleeding (like a period) during pregnancy....I know many of the ladies on the TTC board haven't been pregnant before, but some are trying for #2 so I'd figure I'd give this question a shot.

Both my mother and my grandmother had, what seemed to be regular, monthly periods, almost throughout their entire pregnancies. Now, obviously this was vaginal bleeding of some sort, not an actual period because it's not technically possible when pregnant.  My mom told me that she didn't get any +HPTs at all and then went in when she was roughly 3 months pregnant for a blood test and that confirmed she was pregnant.  I've seen similar situations on several message boards but was wondering if anyone knew someone who experienced this as well.  I am wondering what you think someones chart would look like if they had this happen to them. 

There was one poster on here who got BFNs on HPTs and had to go for a blood test to confirm what she already thought - she was pregnant. So, it's possible.

As for "periods" while pregnant - since periods really a result of ovulation, I can't imagine your mother & grandmother were really having periods (but who knows, I'm not a doctor), but rather the spotting and minor bleeding that many pregnant women experience. I don't really know though!

• Options

imageNikkoli110:
    Ok  I've got one...last week I saw an RE for the first time because of my irregular cycles. They've been 45 days, 34 days, and the longest so far since getting of BCP was 49 days last month. Right now I'm at CD 57 (neg HPTs), do I still need to give the doc a call if I go past CD 60? The plan they have for me right now is to have BW done this week, and then start Clomid next month if the BW doesn't show anything abnormal. He thinks I'm just not ovulating. 

I would ask about it when you go in for the bloodwork.  Your doctor might want to give you a prescription for some form of progesterone so you can get on to the next cycle. 

TTC since 2010

lots of IUIs and 1 IVF all BFNs

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

• Options
    imagealison2379:
    imageTropicalbride09:

So my question is regarding vaginal bleeding (like a period) during pregnancy....I know many of the ladies on the TTC board haven't been pregnant before, but some are trying for #2 so I'd figure I'd give this question a shot.

Both my mother and my grandmother had, what seemed to be regular, monthly periods, almost throughout their entire pregnancies. Now, obviously this was vaginal bleeding of some sort, not an actual period because it's not technically possible when pregnant.  My mom told me that she didn't get any +HPTs at all and then went in when she was roughly 3 months pregnant for a blood test and that confirmed she was pregnant.  I've seen similar situations on several message boards but was wondering if anyone knew someone who experienced this as well.  I am wondering what you think someones chart would look like if they had this happen to them. 

There was one poster on here who got BFNs on HPTs and had to go for a blood test to confirm what she already thought - she was pregnant. So, it's possible.

As for "periods" while pregnant - since periods really a result of ovulation, I can't imagine your mother & grandmother were really having periods (but who knows, I'm not a doctor), but rather the spotting and minor bleeding that many pregnant women experience. I don't really know though!

Thanks for your answer, I appreciate it! I was just curious to see if you ladies have seen or heard anything like this.  I know I'm not pregnant yet but normally my periods are 7 days and mostly all heavy bleeding (using super plus tampons every day)...this period however, amazingly has been 1 day light, 1 day heavy 1 day light and now seems non existant! I am so excited to have a short period because this has never happend to me! 3 days is amazing and so much better than 6-8 days lol :) 

• Options
    Ok, I have a question about green tea.  I was scrolling through posts last week and I think I remember someone saying to stop drinking green tea after O because it can prevent implantation.  I just wanted to see if that's true or if I am remembering wrong.  I don't drink green tea for TTC purposes, but it is one of my favorite drinks and I drink it almost every day, all cycle long.  I'm wondering if I should maybe avoid it during my 2ww?  TIA!
    Lots of love to my BFPB, Squishy622 <3

photo 544b4365-b9ee-4805-ba08-f19896d25dae_zpsd8a0debb.jpgphoto ed61c23b-2bf9-4622-b870-072ac0970775_zpsa90b2a73.jpg

• Options

Do you have to have a doctor refer your husband to get a SA or can he just make an appointment with a urologist to have one done?

• Options
    imagemiriammichelle:

Do you have to have a doctor refer your husband to get a SA or can he just make an appointment with a urologist to have one done?

You can do either.  Some women have their OB/GYN order one and others use their H's urologist. 

I'm in no way flaming you, but you are 4 months into TTC.  Why on earth are you worrying about this???

• Options

imagepsychgirl33:
    Ok, I have a question about green tea.  I was scrolling through posts last week and I think I remember someone saying to stop drinking green tea after O because it can prevent implantation.  I just wanted to see if that's true or if I am remembering wrong.  I don't drink green tea for TTC purposes, but it is one of my favorite drinks and I drink it almost every day, all cycle long.  I'm wondering if I should maybe avoid it during my 2ww?  TIA!

I would stop drinking it, but that's me.

• Options
    I am not at all worried about it MH is. He's always been because he hasn't been careful in his past and he has never gotten a girl pregnant so he thinks he may have issues...really I just think he's a nervous Nelly but thought I would ask and just see if it's something you have to wait for.
  • Options

imagemiriammichelle:
    I am not at all worried about it MH is. He's always been because he hasn't been careful in his past and he has never gotten a girl pregnant so he thinks he may have issues...really I just think he's a nervous Nelly but thought I would ask and just see if it's something you have to wait for.

Again not flaming but seriously??  It could also be that all of the other times he's had sex with other women they weren't fertile.  Or they were on the pill...or using another form of birth control.

I'd tell your H to relax a bit--there is no reason what so ever to get a SA done at 4 months.  That's like me saying "I just THINK something is wrong" and going to the RE. 

• Options
    imageKdgTeacher:

imagemiriammichelle:

Again not flaming but seriously??  It could also be that all of the other times he's had sex with other women they weren't fertile.  Or they were on the pill...or using another form of birth control.

I'd tell your H to relax a bit--there is no reason what so ever to get a SA done at 4 months.  That's like me saying "I just THINK something is wrong" and going to the RE. 

I totally agree with you, and it's not something that I was even going to pursue just wondering. To be honest I blame his mother for making him always want to run to a doctor for everything.  The only reason that I asked was just for my knowledge for way further down the line should we need it.

• Options

Ok, now I have some questions as well......

- checking my cervix.....what's the best position for that? Do I lay down? I have really short fingers, so it might not be that easy....

- once off the pill, is there anything homeopathic I can take to speed up getting my cycles back to normal? Teas, certain foods?

- is here on the board anybody else who has Crohn's and is ttc or, even better has Crohn's and already has had a baby? ( I am getting mixed messages, some say it's hard, others say it's not that much more difficult)

TiA

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Hi all! Coming out of long-time lurking for my first post, have had a couple of random questions on my mind.

1. I've read often about a short LP being a cause for concern. What's the reason for that? Is it because there would be a decreased chance for implantation?

2. What's a bump burp?! 

Thanks!

Little Squish #1, 3.25.12

Little Squish #2 Due 10.9.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageSquishy622:

Hi all! Coming out of long-time lurking for my first post, have had a couple of random questions on my mind.

1. I've read often about a short LP being a cause for concern. What's the reason for that? Is it because there would be a decreased chance for implantation? Yup, there is less time for implantation. There may be other reasons as well but that's the one I'm aware of.

2. What's a bump burp?! When the bump basically errors out and there are multiple postings of the same post.

Thanks!

• Options
    imageNita2603:

Ok, now I have some questions as well......

- checking my cervix.....what's the best position for that? Do I lay down? I have really short fingers, so it might not be that easy....I personally don't do it, but I've heard many ladies on here do it while they're in the bathroom - sometimes after they poop.

- once off the pill, is there anything homeopathic I can take to speed up getting my cycles back to normal? Teas, certain foods? Not that I'm aware of.

- is here on the board anybody else who has Crohn's and is ttc or, even better has Crohn's and already has had a baby? ( I am getting mixed messages, some say it's hard, others say it's not that much more difficult) I'd do a separate post about this. It seems pretty specific and you might have a couple of responses.

TiA

• Options
    imageSParkman80:

I guess I should listen more when my doctor talks, but I am having an endometrial biopsy today along with having my progesterone and thyroid checked. Is the endometrial biopsy to check the thickness of my lining?

TIA!  

yes. Take some Advil beforehand.
    Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"