VBAC

2u1?

HI ladies, I used to post on the natural birth board but my internet has been acting retarded lately. Does anyone know if its safe to attempt another vbac months after doing the first one. I just did a vbac in october and was curious as to the likelihood of doing another within a year. TIA!

BabyFruit Ticker image

Re: 2u1?

• I would think that it shouldn't be a problem. The issue is usually the time since the c section, and I think that after a successful VBAC, a woman's rupture rate is actually lower than a woman without a scarred uterus. I don't have a source for that, maybe Iris does?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You may want to check out this website: https://www.r-word.org/
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemargeincharge2:
    You may want to check out this website: https://www.r-word.org/

I agree 100%. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Soxchamps - thank you so much for your response :D It's greatly appreciated.

The other 2 that responded, wow just wow!

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • I don't have much info on this.  I'm not sure if there are any studies about timing a VBAC after a previous successful VBAC.  But I know that your odds of uterine rupture go down a lot after you've had a VBAC already, so I imagine you would be ok with another pregnancy happening soon.  Have you talked to a doctor or midwife about it?

GL! 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks for answering iris427. I haven't spoken to my Dr. yet as DH is the one suggesting another baby (of course he is with a 2month old lol). I just wanted to know if we did decide to start trying again and it happens sooner than last time (1 year), if we were taking an unnecessary risk.

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • imageChynaDholl:

My guess is you have never seen someone you love hurt by the casual use of the r-word. I think Marge was being serious, as was I. Take time to look at the site. Watch the videos of people with intellectual disabilities telling how people using that word make them feel. I apologize for hijacking the post, but I can't let the use of that word (or several others) slip by.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageLisa and Mickey:
    imageChynaDholl:

My guess is you have never seen someone you love hurt by the casual use of the r-word. I think Marge was being serious, as was I. Take time to look at the site. Watch the videos of people with intellectual disabilities telling how people using that word make them feel. I apologize for hijacking the post, but I can't let the use of that word (or several others) slip by.

Yes, I was being serious. And I was also trying to be as polite about it as possible. I cannot fathom how anyone, let alone a parent, could use that word in everyday speech. It's hurtful to people with intellectual disabilities.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSoxChamps:
    I would think that it shouldn't be a problem. The issue is usually the time since the c section, and I think that after a successful VBAC, a woman's rupture rate is actually lower than a woman without a scarred uterus. I don't have a source for that, maybe Iris does?

I remember reading that too.  I think that a first time mom has a rupture rate of .05% and a VBACing mom has a rupture rate of .07%.  After having a vaginal delivery (either first vaginal or VBAC) your rate goes down to something like .02 or .03% I think.

I had a VBAC in August 09 and got pregnant again when DD was 9 months old.  We are planning a HBAC and my midwives are comfortable with it.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"