Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

GTNY: How did you and DH meet?

How did you meet your DH?  How long were you together before you got engaged?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: GTNY: How did you and DH meet?

• Options
    I went on a blind date with my DH set up by his sister (who is my co-worker).  We got engaged after a year and half.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Lol i met me DH at a bar we got engaged 3 years later
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Long story, short version: We met in beach traffic.

We were together for 7 and a half years before getting engaged. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We met at the dog park.  My mom actually knew him first (when I was in high school, still), but when I got a dog in college I started going to the dog park and that is how we met.  We dated for 4 years before we got engaged.
    Lots of love to my BFPB, Squishy622 <3

photo 544b4365-b9ee-4805-ba08-f19896d25dae_zpsd8a0debb.jpgphoto ed61c23b-2bf9-4622-b870-072ac0970775_zpsa90b2a73.jpg

• Options

I started dating my H in 1999.  I was a Freshman in college and he was a Sophomore.  We met at a party and I didn't pay much attention to him because I was dating someone else at the time.  

We dating for 7 years before we got engaged and we were married right before our 8 year anniversary.  We have currently been married for 3 years.  Hard to believe that we have been together for over 11 years! 

Baby Macy is here!

12/09 - Macy (daughter) | 4/10 - Began TTC Baby #2 | 12/10 - Chemical Pregnancy | 1/12 - Miscarriage at 14 weeks | DX - PCOS & Hyperthyroidism
  • Options
    In all honesty, DH and I met on a very sleezy website, but met for the first time in person at college. We were together for three year before we got engaged.
    From Nebraska to Germany, the adventures of the Zwillinge.

BabyFruit Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was working in a bar and he was friends with the bar owner. He came in one day helping the bar owner carry in a pool table. The rest is history. We dated for 2 years before getting engaged.
  • Options
    We met at a common friend's birthday party. We dated for a couple years, then broke up but remained best friends for years before getting back together. So, it was over seven years after meeting before we got engaged! We've been together-ish for almost 12 years now!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mama to 5 angel babies, 1 rainbow baby, and 2 more angel babies. 
    My beautiful Ella/ToT arrived 10/10/12. 
  • Options
    Through friends, at college. We were together 2 years when we got engaged.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We met at work, and got engaged a year and a half later.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We were HS sweethearts. I was 16 and he was 18 Surprise

We were together 5 years before we got married. Total we have been together for 12 years. Which is almost half of our lives. 

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• Options

We were invited to a pasta supper at a mutual friend's house to meet his fiance (second in a loooooong line of fiances).  That was Friday the 16th, our first date was the following Monday.  Six months later we were engaged and eleven months after that we were married.  I was pretty much love at first laugh: we watched The Island and cracked joke after joke while the hosts and other guest tried to figure out why two such bad senses of humor were allowed in the same room.

Their relationship didn't last long after that evening, but we have kept each other laughing for five years now :-)

TTC #1 since 6/10
  • Options

imagenebrtwin:
    In all honesty, DH and I met on a very sleezy website, but met for the first time in person at college. We were together for three year before we got engaged.

neb, you have got to elaborate! lol my curiousity is piqued!

• Options
    The short story: We met at Burger King (The "Love Shack" according to my sister) when we were 16.  We both worked there.  Started dating at 21.  Engaged about a year and half later. 
  • Options

DH and I met at college in 2003.  He tried to hire me for a job in the student government office ( he was the student body president) and I turned him down Wink I got to know him better during the next year thanks to my roommate who was in student government and I ended up taking the job offer to work for him in 2004.  We started dating in 2005 when his term ended (no there was no hanky panky going on in the office Stick out tongue)  We dated for 9 months before he popped the question and were married 1 yr and a month after that

• Options
    We met at work and we dated about two years before we got engaged
    image image image Emily and Dan 03-15-2008 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We met at a mutual friend's co-ed baby shower. We got engaged after dating about 7 months.
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Options

HS sweethearts!  I had a crush on him since 7th grade though, hehe.  We didn't date until I was in 11th grade and he was in 12th.  Engaged after 6 and a half years.  Next month it'll be 10 years for us!

ETA: We got married 8/2/08 - next month is 10 years together :)

• Options
    imagetmsetzer83:

imagenebrtwin:

Me too! Do tell!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

We met at work. ?When we started there we were both in other relationships and became good friends. ?After a few years we both broke up w/ our other bf and gfs and started dating.

We got engaged a year and a half later. ??

TTC #1 since 09/10
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    5/17/11 SA- count 38 mil, low motility, traces of white blood cells (2 weeks antibiotics)
    6/16/11 SA- count 23 mil, low motility, referred to urologist
    dx varicocele
    DH ultrasound
    6/27/11 SA- count 101 mil, 36% motility, 5% morphology
    IUI #1 50 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 7/27/11 & 7/28/11 = BFN
    IUI #2 100 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 8/25/11 & 8/26/11= BFN
    IVF #1(Ganirelix, Follistim, Menopur) ER 11/16/11,ET 11/21/11= BFP 11/29
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

We met freshman year of college. DH was friends with my boyfriend at the time, and I ended up becoming really close to his girlfriend at the time. I was even the one she called crying after she broke up with him! The next year, DH and I were both single, and we fell in love over nightly "dates" of eating Easy Mac. We were together two and a half years before we got engaged.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We met in a bar.  I told him that I did not want a relationship and it would be a one night stand (don't know why I said that to him because nothing happened that night).  Two years later we were engaged and in another two we were married.  I realized after two months of dating that I had seen him at a bar two weeks before we met and told my roomate that I would marry him.
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Country western dance class... seriously! =) We started dating 5 years later and we got engaged New Year's Day a little over a year later. So tomorrow is a special day for us! 

imageimage

Dx: DH - Azoo, Me - Mild PCOS
    DH - sperm found! Seems to produce only for a few days every 70 days!
    Over 1 million in cryo in 15 vials over 6 samples
    IVF #1 - 1 beautiful expanded blast transferred, 4 snowbabies - beta #1 11/30/11 = BFFN
    FET #1, transfered 2 embies 2/16/12 = BFFN; 1 snowbaby left in cryo
    IVF #2 + CGH = 4 genetically normal embies on ice. FET September 26th
    SAIF/PAIF always welcome

a special GL and prayers to my IF sister Gregermis

check out my blog!

• Options
    imagelynn0926:
    imagetmsetzer83:

imagenebrtwin:

Me too! Do tell!

Me too! Me too!

DH and I met online. We are a Match.com success story. I actually paid for 6 months, and used 3 days. We dated for ten months before we got engaged. 

"Even miracles take a little time"

• Options
    We met at work. He was technically my superior, but he transferred before we actually started dating. I followed (from ND to TN!) and we were engaged almost 2 years later.
  • Options
    We met through mutual friends in college, at a karaoke bar. We knew eachother most of our senior year, but did not start dating until the end. We were together 6 months prior to him proposing (7 yrs. ago today) we were crazy and now have been happily married for 5 yrs. in May.
  • Options
    DH and I met through a mutual friend at a party she threw.  Needless to say, it took us a while to actually connect.  He thought I was a b**ch and I didn't really notice him.  Once we realized a common interest it went from zero to relationship.  Engaged a year later and married a year and a half after that.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Match.com! Engaged after 6 months.
  • Options

imageSandy8168:
    Match.com! Engaged after 6 months.

YAY! Another Match.com. We actually moved in together after 6 months. 

"Even miracles take a little time"

• Options
    Same for us. Moved in together and shortly after got engaged and married after two years. So thankful for that website!
  • Options
    Met at my own birthday party at a mutual friend's house.  Saw each other again at a mutual friend's wedding and started dating immediately after.  Engaged on the one year anniversary of our first date.  Married 10/16/10
  • Options
    We met on Match.com in 2002.  We were dating for 2 years before we got engaged but only 9 months before we moved in together.  My parents were skeptical but I knew it was right.
  • Options
    MH and I met at a bar.  Dated for 7 years before we got engaged.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Met at a karaoke party at a mutual friends house in college.  DH was graduated and I was a freshman. We knew each other 4 months before we started dating. 10 months before we got engaged. We tossed the BC when we got engaged and were pregnant a month after that. Got married on our 1 year anniversary of dating.  I actually dumped my boyfriend for DH, but after my BF and I broke up, one of my friends from HS committed suicide and my ex tried to commit suicide. So I had a lot on my plate. DH was there for me though. We dated long distance for the first 7 months. Then moved in together 

• Options
    We met through mutual friends in college. We were together for 3 years before we got engaged.
  • Options
    imageChickenLittle2010:

Met at a karaoke party at a mutual friends house in college.  DH was graduated and I was a freshman. We knew each other 4 months before we started dating. 10 months before we got engaged. We tossed the BC when we got engaged and were pregnant a month after that. Got married on our 1 year anniversary of dating.  I actually dumped my boyfriend for DH, but after my BF and I broke up, one of my friends from HS committed suicide and my ex tried to commit suicide. So I had a lot on my plate. DH was there for me though. We dated long distance for the first 7 months. Then moved in together 

Indifferent That's quite a story. I'm glad things worked out in the end but I hope your ex is OK.
  • Options
    He claims we me freshman year of Undergrad, but my first memory of him is working at a summer stock theater two years later. We had been dating less than three months when I proposed to him. We were engaged for almost 2 years before we got married.
  • Options

Knew OF him in HS, but didn't talk then. Saw him at a bar 3 years later and started talking to him since I knew he went to high schoool with me. I have never been more drunk than the night we met.

Dated for 5 1/2 years before we got engaged and married 6 months later.

• Options

I became pals with my hubby's then-housemate, Pat.  Eventually I met my hubby while hanging out with Pat and the 3 of us starting hanging out together, going to movies, making dinner, having movie marathons and staying up late BSing about politics and philosophy.  A month or two later hubby called me up and asked me out to dinner, and I was so happy that when I hung up I started laughing and bouncing around my apartment. XD  I'd been planning to give him 2 more weeks to ask me out before I was going to do it myself!

We were together for 3 years when we got engage, and got married a year later.

my currently-reading shelf:
    Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options

((singing)) "This will be an everlasting love!"

We are an eHarmony couple! He proposed 9 months after we met and we married a year later.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"