High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

New here

I failed my 2hr OGTT test today. High on all 3 blood draws: by 2 mg/dL on the fasting, and 9 mg/dL on both the 1 and 2 hr readings. But that's all it takes and I will be testing my blood glucose 4 times a day, and may need meds as well. I knew I had risk factors, as my dad has diabetes, and I am overweight. But I am still taken aback a bit and worried about LO.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Picture114b Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: New here

• Options

Hello, I am in the same boat.  Both grandparents have diabetes and I was overweight by about 40lbs. when I got pregnant.  I wish you the best during your pregnancy.  Hopefully we can control everything through diet.

Take care.

BFP #1 2/10/10: No HB on 4/29/10 at 15 wk, D&C 4/30/10, Baby measured 11-12 wks. First Pregnancy and first loss. BFP #2 7/25/10: Blake Daniel arrived 3/25/11 BFP #3 3/9/12: Our Turkey Baby! Due Date: 11/19/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    Good luck.  It's not as hard as it may seem right now.  I've been able to control mine through just diet and I only have 3 weeks left.  My LO is measuring perfectly normal, so there is no need to worry about your LO.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"