Two Under 2
Options

Best welcome baby gift for 2nd child?

funny I can't think of anything even though I will be in this situation in 2 months-  but friends of ours just had their 2nd, 18 mos apart, and we are going to see them and I am at a loss what to bring.

I already brought an outfit to the hospital, they have all the baby gear, they have tons of clothes (although #1 was a boy and this one a girl- the momma is a Shopper), and I am seeing them friday so a personalized item isn't an option.

I want to spend around 40 bucks give or take-  any suggestions?

thanks!

EDD with #4  01-20-14
Proud mama to a boys-  6/17/09 - a girl 2/23/11- and a boy 8/20/12

Re: Best welcome baby gift for 2nd child?

• Options

For the baby: a really nice teether is a great option. It's nice for the new baby to have their own fresh toy to chew on.

For the family: Trays of fruit/veggies/ect. from a grocery store would probably be awesome. With a new baby it's hard to cook/shop. I really appreciated the food people brought us as it made it easier for me to feed our toddler when I was home alone with the 2.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

food is always nice for the family and for a friend that had a boy first I bought a boy baby doll so he can take care of his baby while mommy is taking care of hers... 

for the baby... an outfit that fits the season for 3 or 6 months. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would have liked to receive a baby book or picture frame for DD2. I got a couple of new blankets so they each could have their own. DD2 got her own FP seahorse which I'm glad for.

• Options
    Diapers, wipes, and food
  • Options

Food.

Preferably something home made and frozen so they can eat it later.

And an offer to take their oldest on a play date with you guys would probably be well received also!

If you specifically want something for the baby I'd go with clothes but in a MUCH larger size - even up to a year - especially if the Mom's a shopper. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options

Something just for the new baby:   blanket, stuff animal, piggy bank, photo album, toy, FP seahorse, keepsake box, etc.

I alway appreciated that kind of stuff for subsequent babies, especially the  same gender.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"