North Dakota Babies
Options

Seriously? (IL issues already!)

So my ILs are coming to stay with us for the week, and my SIL got in last night since she came straight over from college. Well, DH and I were in bed and C was asleep, but woke up around 11:30 just fussing a little. Well SIL was still up watching TV and decided she would go into C's room and pick him up!!!! I was watching him on the video monitor because he usually just fusses half asleep and then falls back to sleep. I about lost my mind! What in the world was she thinking? Not to mention, C hasn't seen her since the week he was born so its not like she was a familiar face. I went straight in the room and took him from her. I definitely said something to her about it this morning though. I'm really hoping this is not just a taste of what is to come for the whole week!

Re: Seriously? (IL issues already!)

• Options

I would guess she thought she was helping.  Considering her age, she probably doesn't have much experience with babies.  I would just explain to her that you'll take care of him in the evenings. 

ETA:  Good luck!

• Options
    I would agree that was *probably* due to some over enthusiasm.  Hopefully they won't step on your toes too much and you can all have a good visit!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree that she probably didn't know any better.  Let her know your routine and expectations so there isn't any confusion.

Hope the visit goes well!

• Options

When I was a sophomore in college, I lived in Austin with my cousin, his wife and their baby girl.  There were countless nights I did the same thing thinking I was helping and couldn't understand why I did something wrong (they never explained it to me). 

My point? Don't beat her up over it - she probably didn't mean to cause any harm.

• Options
    Oh I didn't get mad at her, I just asked her if she was sleep walking when I talked to her about it (she has a history of it which is another reason it made me a little uneasy). She just said she heard him crying so thought she would calm him down. I guess I understand she was trying to help but it still kind of bothered me. I guess I'm a bit of an overbearing parent. ha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"