2nd Trimester
Options

I trust sonogram tech, but I trust you girls more-ish?(Clicky Poll)

The sonogram tech was 100% it's a girl. This is the same women who could pick out parts of the brain, kidneys, chambers of the heart, and the cord!
I see girl parts based on what I've learned from the bump!
DH is worried the sonogram tech was wrong, and that the penis is just hiding? Vote for me please!!!!

[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I trust sonogram tech, but I trust you girls more-ish?(Clicky Poll)

• Options
    Looks like a girl to me
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You have the three lines, it's a girl!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is 100% girl, IMO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm no sono tech, but i'm guessing we are looking straight at her butt crack and goodies?  If i'm looking right I would say GIRL!
  • Options

If it was a case of not being able to see the boy parts, that would be one thing, but you can clearly see the girl parts.. those three bright white lines next to where the Sonographer typed in "Girl".

Is your husband seriously going to take our word for it over the professional?? lmao 

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    imageSarahL77:

Is your husband seriously going to take our word for it over the professional?? lmao 

haha, Probably not, it's just another Ace in my Pocket! Plus now he put doubt into my head, so it's nice to hear!!

• Options
    That's exactly how my ultrasound looked with my daughter.  And she's definitely a girl :)

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely a little girl. :)
    "Momma! She's doing it again!!" Photobucket
  • Options

I'll apologize now if this sounds rude, but wth? Trust your u/s tech over a bunch of internet strangers!

Nothing is 100% until the baby is actually born, but it looks like a girl to me.

Stillbirth at 23w6d on Sept, 22, 2008 M/C at 5 weeks June 14, 2010 My miracle, James Frederick born May 2, 2011 via C-section
  • Options

Why don't you have an option for "Yes, I'm an idiot... but please don't tell me that."

Your subject lline makes you look like an idiot. 

One sure way to make people think you are dumb is to ask internet strangers over the advice of a medical professional.  

Way to go May Mamas... always full of gems! 

• Options
    Looks girly to me... I'm not about to post my LOs girly bits online, but that's just me, but it looks like a little less developed pic of what I got last week, and she is all girl, we looked extra hard for a wee-wee, and didn't see any.
  • Options
    The three lines are clearly there. It's a girl.
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Options

Emjay, thank you for your ever so helpful reply....again!!

Some people like to be snarky just to be snarky, at least Carrie had an actual response (which I agree with Carrie, it's more for reasurance than actual fact)

• Options
    And yet again,  all I can do is sit back and laugh! 

photo 8171fa67-0749-444f-93ec-78250e104e5f_zps37aefc95.jpg

• Options
    Comparing that to what our boy looked like from the same angle at the u/s, I'm pretty sure it's a girl.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Definitely a girl.  Maybe your DH is in denial and hoping someone finds a peenEmbarrassed

• Options
    imagecruelsound:
    imageelisbu:

Emjay, thank you for your ever so helpful reply....again!!

Some people like to be snarky just to be snarky, at least Carrie had an actual response (which I agree with Carrie, it's more for reasurance than actual fact)

Wait, if it's "actual fact" then what are you doing with this silly poll?

I guess the internet always wins.

Because it's fun!! and this:

SarahL77:

haha, Probably not, it's just another Ace in my Pocket! Plus now he put doubt into my head, so it's nice to hear!!

• Options
    Three white lines ! It's a girl! YAY!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageEmjayTheHunted:

Why don't you have an option for "Yes, I'm an idiot... but please don't tell me that."

Your subject lline makes you look like an idiot. 

One sure way to make people think you are dumb is to ask internet strangers over the advice of a medical professional.  

Way to go May Mamas... always full of gems! 

Could you please tell all of us poor may mamas what is and is not an acceptable post. We all get so sad everytime we upset you!

DS1 Born Apr 29 2011

DS2 Born Nov 5 2013

Pregnant with #3 Dec 24 2014, MMC found at 10w, D&C Feb 10th 2015

Cautious BFP May 25th 2015 EDD Feb 6 2016

• Options

I will have you know I find your "trust" comment completely insulting.  I have been a Sonographer for 6 years now.  Do you realize how difficult ultrasound school is?  Minimum grade to PASS ultrasound school is 80% and we have to do a YEAR internship (work for 40 hours a week without getting paid)  before we can even graduate!  I am not saying we are all perfect by any means, but we are TRAINED to know what we are looking at.  We are TRAINED to know and identify normal and abnormal anatomy.   There is no other position in the medical field out there today that basically has to diagnose what they are looking at.  We are as close to a physician assistant as you can get.  We CAN get sued just as easily as a Doctor. 

I have always commented that I would answer any questions about ultrasound I could on this website, but I am getting really fed up with comments like this... Sonographer's get pregnant too, maybe some of you should think about that before you post sh!t like this.

You and your husband are idiots if you trust non professionals on the internet over a Sonographer.

• Options
    LOL Same picture I got and I was told girl. I think I had the same reaction that your DH had. I'm happy to be getting a girl, but I did have a momentary disappointment. I was attached to the idea of having a boy. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagejmcdow:

I will have you know I find your "trust" comment completely insulting.  I have been a Sonographer for 6 years now.  Do you realize how difficult ultrasound school is?  Minimum grade to PASS ultrasound school is 80% and we have to do a YEAR internship (work for 40 hours a week without getting paid)  before we can even graduate!  I am not saying we are all perfect by any means, but we are TRAINED to know what we are looking at.  We are TRAINED to know and identify normal and abnormal anatomy.   There is no other position in the medical field out there today that basically has to diagnose what they are looking at.  We are as close to a physician assistant as you can get.  We CAN get sued just as easily as a Doctor. 

I have always commented that I would answer any questions about ultrasound I could on this website, but I am getting really fed up with comments like this... Sonographer's get pregnant too, maybe some of you should think about that before you post sh!t like this.

You and your husband are idiots if you trust non professionals on the internet over a Sonographer.

so ... is that a girl she's having then?

• Options
    I just had my second ultrasound today and i asked the tech to confirm the sex... she confirms that we are having a girl and thats what her goods looked like!  Congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sorry to let your DH down, however it is a girl.
  • Options

Our tech couldn't get a good shot and said, "If I had to take a guess I'd say girl" and we didn't get nearly as good of a picture as you got. Putting any trust in TB is foolish.

If your DH really doesn't believe then cough up the cash to go to a 3d/4d place for gender confirmation.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagelilcoco13:

Could you please tell all of us poor may mamas what is and is not an acceptable post. We all get so sad everytime we upset you!

Just use this as a guide... right before you post... read it over, and use common sense.  That might help.  But we know I'm asking for too much.  Me and my "sky is the limit" ideas.  

• Options
    imagejenerally?:
    imagejmcdow:

So you're going to ask me that after you read my post?  OK I will humor you, yes it looks like girl parts plus cord running between the legs.

It doesn't take more than a little tiny angle to make a boy look like a girl.  Also, I don't see color doppler on the cord I see, to prove or disprove it is cord.   But if the Sonographer said she was 100% sure, I would have to say she was feeling very confident on what she was looking at.  Seeing a still image versus seeing it live is very different. 

And I just laugh at all of you who look at these pictures others post and are so confident that you know what your looking at.  Ultrasound isn't that simple, sorry.  To act as if any of you are qualified to make this type of judgement call is insulting.

• Options
    imagejmcdow:

image  image  image

• Options
    imagejenerally?:
    imagejmcdow:

LMAO!

yeah, so what is it then?

• Options
    imagecruelsound:
    imagejmcdow:
    imagejenerally?:
    imagejmcdow:

So you're going to ask me that after you read my post?  OK I will humor you, yes it looks like girl parts plus cord running between the legs.

She's just trying to be snarky. And, as we all know, she tries REALLY hard.

Just makes her look even more like an idiot in my opinion.

• Options

I wasn't being snarky! I made a promise to only say nice things this week!

It was more tongue in cheek than anything else.

:shrug:

• Options
    imagejmcdow:
    imagecruelsound:
    imagejmcdow:
    imagejenerally?:
    imagejmcdow:

I've had 7 Sonograms so far in this pregnancy.  I am in complete awe of the skill of the Sonographers I've seen.  Their ability to see what's going on in there is just amazing.  No one with half a brain could possibly believe that without any training, you could look at a picture and say ANYTHING constructive. It's ridiculous.

• Options
    imagejenerally?:

Are you sure you didn't miss and slip that tongue up your rectum?

• Options
    labia, labia, labia!!! ALLLLLL GIRL!
  • Options
    imagejenerally?:

I laughed.

• Options
    imagejenerally?:

I laughed.

• Options
    imageFLchick7:

I've had 7 Sonograms so far in this pregnancy.  I am in complete awe of the skill of the Sonographers I've seen.  Their ability to see what's going on in there is just amazing.  No one with half a brain could possibly believe that without any training, you could look at a picture and say ANYTHING constructive. It's ridiculous.

I get that a sonographer is going to be very skilled and trained at what they are looking at. I have mad respect for jmcdow and others in her line of work.  However, some of us have had babies before. While that doesn't make me an expert, I certainly feel like I can at least give my opinion (from my experience) on what I think the picture looks like. I can for sure say that IMO, that doesn't look a thing like any boy u/s I've ever seen.

I'm a CPA. I don't get my panties in a wad when someone comes on here giving advice for a question that "only a trained CPA must know the answer to."  People have past experiences and learn from those.  Just because they aren't trained, doesn't mean they are all clueless idiots.  Personally,  I don't see any reason why giving an OPINION on the matter is a big deal. 

Do I think her OP is worded douche-ely? Yep. I also think the OP is kind of a douche in general, but that's a whole different topic. lol

• Options
    imagejmcdow:
    imagejenerally?:

Are you sure you didn't miss and slip that tongue up your rectum?

see? Now you've gone and lost all credibility.

I realize we all have hot button issues and this is yours, but honestly you are all worked up over nothing. She wasn't criticizing you. She wasn't even criticizing her sonographer. She just wanted to show off her AW and get some opinions; nothing more, nothing less.

• Options
    imagejmcdow:
    imagecruelsound:
    imagejmcdow:
    imagejenerally?:
    imagejmcdow:

Jenerally was 100% joking. WTF. 

There is a lot of idiocy in this post but it sure isn't coming from Jenerally or you.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"