TTC After a Loss
Options

WWTTCALD re: new OB?

So I made up my mind a few weeks ago that I'd like to switch OB's.  My OB is fine if you're pregnant, but the second you're not it's like you don't exist. Last time I called, I had to wait 3 days for a nurse to call me back.

I have a recommendation for a new OB, but I don't have any reason to visit her right now.  But I'd really like to meet the OB and talk to her before I decide to officially switch to her.  Would you call and request an appointment to just chat?  I'd just like a general idea of their policies, and how willing they would be to provide b/w and early u/s for my peace of mind should we get pg again. 

Re: WWTTCALD re: new OB?

• Options

I would definitely call now so that you can get in for an appointment and get established as a patient. Good OBs around here book up months in advance, sometimes even further if you're a new patient. It can never hurt to call and get on the books.

I did this with my new OB after my m/c, and it turns out she actually wanted to do an exam even though I had just had several.

She said that she likes to get to know her new patients and figure everything out for herself, instead of relying strictly on transferred charts.

She then talked with me for a while and went over all of the practice policies and procedures. And she developed a plan of action for me.

It was great and really put me at ease. So yes, I would call.

I hope it works out for you!

* PAL/PgAL Bumpie & NBC-Twi Nestie * imageBloggity Blog BFP #1 in 2001 ? natural m/c @ 9w4d ? TTC our first since 2009 ? BFP #2 on 8/25/2010 ? natural M/C @ 7w6d on 9/25/2010 Clomid cycle #1 @ 50mg = BFP #3 on 1/1/11 ~ EDD 9/14/2011!!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would call and make an appointment for a consultation. Tell them you are getting looking for a new OB while TTC. I am sure they have those sorts of appointments. I know my OB has them for patients if they want them.
    image Nicholas loved for 28 weeks, 4/11/10
    Baby Boy loved for 15 weeks, 5/31/11
    Baby Girl loved for 16.5 weeks. 3/1/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely call and ask for an interview appointment.  I have read that you won't have to pay for it and you'll get like 10 minutes of their time.  g/l
  • Options

I switched from my regular OB/GYN who I didn't love before we started TTC. I narrowed it down to 2 (I have a $40 copay so I didn't want to visit too many) and just called and told them what I wanted and asked if I had to have an appt. or if we could just talk. Both wanted an appt. so I went in and just interviewed them with a list of questions that were important to me. 

The first one just talked to me in her office, the second one did that and a brief exam (I picked the second one). 

Whatever you do, it's so worth it. I am so glad I went through all this with an OB I love. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'd call now so you can become a "patient" before you get KU and so you'll know who you are dealing with. Better to look now than after you are KU.
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Options
    I would call and make an appointment for a consultation or a pre-conception check-up. I hope your new OB works out!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP 1: 3/19/10 Loss: 7/9/10
    BFP 2: 12/28/10
    My Blog: Losing Sylvia
  • Options

When I decided to switch I made an appt for a "meet and greet", so I would have a better feel if that practice would work for me.

I also scheduled my annual for right after the new year-earlier than it needs to be, but it shouldn't be a problem with insurance since its a new calendar year-I want to go ahead and be an established patient for the future.

TTC since 5/2010
    DX with Diminished Ovarian Reserve - AMH of 1.1 - 7/2011; AMH of .42 8/2012
    BFP 9/1/10-M/C confirmed 9/8/10-Methotrexate 10/6/10
    IUI #1 (w/clomid)-9/5/11-BFN ; IUI #2 (w/clomid)-10/5/11 - BFP - 11/1/12-No sac seen; 11/2/11 and 11/9/11-Methotrexate 
    IVF #1- ER 2/2; ET 2/5;-Two 8 cell embryos transfered = BFFN
    Surprise BFP - 5/7/12
    U/S on 6/8/12 - H/B at 128 BPM; U/S on 6/14/12 @ 9wks-No H/B-D&C on 6/17/12
    IVF 2.0- ER 10/17; ET 10/20-One 12 cell, one 10 cell and one 8 cell embryo transfered
    BFP!   11/16/12 U/S- Two nuggets with perfect heartbeats! EDD 7/10/13

5/31/2013- My miracles arrived at 34w2d!  Welcome to the world Harper and Nolan!Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Blog- http://waitingonaangel.wordpress.com/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Thanks girls, I went ahead and called and they got me in for a pre-conception appointment in January.  The receptionist was really nice and said that hopefully I'll be able to come in earlier for a pregnancy appointment.  Here's hoping!
  • Options

I think we had the same OB!  LOL  I thought he was perfect for my 1st pregnancy, but ever since my m/c, it's like I'm on the back burner.  :(

I was having the same feelings a little while back and just finally called up my sister's WONDERFUL doctor, and basically explained my situation.  I actually have an appt. on Friday for irregular periods.  I think it's so important to have a doctor you feel totally comfortable with...whether your PG or TTC. 

Good luck to you and this new doctor!  I'm glad you called! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"