Indiana Babies
Options

Baby registry questions

So with our 20 week scan around the corner we've started thinking about registering.  The vast majority of my family (and anyone else who's be attending a shower or getting a gift) lives/shops in my tiny hometown (Kokomo) which has a Target and a Walmart. 

We started a Wal-mart registry simply b/c the crib/dresser set we want is there and my in-laws want to buy it.  Putting it on a registry was the easiest way I could think of for them to know which one it was.  There aren't many things I really want from Wal-mart (they don't carry the brands or patterns I like).  I'd really like to register at Buy Buy Baby &/or BRU for their selection and return policy, but Target is what is available in my hometown.

So I guess my question is this . . . is it rude to not register somewhere that most people have access to??  I love me some Target, but their return policy sucks and I've heard stories about returing things from a registry being a nightmare. (I avoided this with wedding stuff b/c there is a BBB in my home town also)  Anyone have experience with Target registries and returns??

Re: Baby registry questions

• Options

I think it's appropriate to register at a more accessible place (like Target), but also a larger store like BRU.  My husband's cousin married a girl from Greentown (super closer to Kokomo) and she registered and received gifts from BRU as well as Target. 

I think most places are getting stricter about returns without a receipt or gift receipt.  As long as you have a receipt, you're fine.  I had problems with returns at BRU without a receipt, even if items were on my registry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In that case, I would register in multiple places.  Register in an accessible place for options, but then register where you want to register too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yep, ditto the others! I think it's fine to register at both places.

Happy registering!

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

You know, I'm registering at Wal-Mart too, mostly for essentials because the price is so much better than BRU.  For example, the Graco snap-n-go stroller frame is over $20 less at Wal-Mart than BRU.  Once we find out the sex, I think I will also register at BRU for nursery items, etc. 

Most people who will buying me gifts will have to drive out of town to get to anywhere other than Wal-Mart, but it doesn't concern me.  Especially b/c so many people do shop online these days.

• Options

Thanks ladies!  I think I'm going to go ahead and give Target a shot and then also register at BRU since there is one on the north side (closer to my hometown). 

IUbaby - My parents live in Greentown now, although I grew up in Russiaville (opposite corner of the county).  Small world!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"