Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

postpartum bleeding- don't know where to post

Hey ladies. I didn't know where to post this, so I'll just stick it here.  I gave birth vaginally 9 days ago.  Since then, I'm still bleeding fresh bright red blood.  It's not heavy, and often sporadic, but everywhere I've read says that this should've stopped after the first few days.  In addition, I've been having some pretty intense pressure pain in my vaginal area, which is especially bad when I'm standing up. I called my dr today because I started freaking myself out, but she just told me its normal and to keep taking motrin for the pressure pain (I haven't been overly impressed with my dr from day one).  Should I still be worried or just let it go since my dr said it was no big deal.?

Re: postpartum bleeding- don't know where to post

• Options
    I gave birth three and a half weeks ago, and I am still bleeding bright red off and on. I did have a c-section and I'm pumping/breastfeeding(this makes my bleeding more red and a tad bit heavier). As far as I know, this is normal.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I bled for almost  2 weeks... I believe some people bleed for longer than that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

i had the same pressure pain for a while and heavy bleeding for about 10 days after i had my baby. i just kept taking the motrin they gave me for the pressure pain and the bleeding is pretty much gone now... all that is left is discharge with a light brown color to it, so i guess my body is just getting rid of the extra blood left in there.

oh yeah, i bled a lot when i nursed her too... but like i said, that has stopped.  

Sometimes it's okay to follow. (Picture is a clicky)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I bled heavily for the first 2 weeks (bright red) and a pinkish until about 5 weeks...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I bled red for a few weeks and then it lightened up. It stopped and then started again (bright red) two more times before it completely stopped at around 10 weeks. I BF for three weeks, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.
  • Options
    Oh, and my doc said not to worry unless you're bleeding through more than one pad an hour.
  • Options
    Umm I'm 7 weeks PP and still bleeding, not nearly as much but still going.
  • Options
    Don't worry!  I bled for 6 weeks w. DD#1 and at 5 weeks with DD#2 I got the Mirena and I am still bleeding.  It's been FOREVER!!  I'm so ready for this to be over.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"