Indiana Babies
Options

ugh, pink eye

I just got an email from daycare that there is a confirmed case of pink eye in Olivia's room.  Blah. 

Keep your fingers crossed that she doesn't get it!

Re: ugh, pink eye

• Options
    good luck....DS had pink eye last week - no idea where he got it from but once he got the drops it was clear in 48 hours!!
  • Options
    I sent one of my students to the nurse the other day b/c his eye looks awful.  she sent a note backing saying she thought it was just contact irritation.  Turns out it was pink eye, which is what I thought.  Seems like a pretty basic diagnosis to miss!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageSusieDMB:
      Seems like a pretty basic diagnosis to miss!

That's what the frustrating part is...Jake said that when he dropped off Olivia yesterday, the first thing that he noticed with one of the boys was the pinkeye.  Why would you send your child to daycare when it's so obvious?!

• Options

Oh no! I hope she doesn't get it.

I understand that it can be difficult to get off work, but why why why would you send your child to daycare with something that spreads so easily? Grrr. 

• Options
    fingers crossed!
  • Options
    :( I hope she doesn't get it!
  • Options

Oh I hope she doesn't get it. 

It used to drive me crazy the parents that would take their children to daycare when they are sick.

• Options
    Ick. Pink eye is no fun. Ella had it when she was little. The hardest part was getting the drops actually in her eye.
    Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagefruitcakes:

imageSusieDMB:

That's what the frustrating part is...Jake said that when he dropped off Olivia yesterday, the first thing that he noticed with one of the boys was the pinkeye.  Why would you send your child to daycare when it's so obvious?!

EXCUSE ME?!?!?  NO....................it's NOT always obvious - when you get your child up at 6am, give him a bottle, throw some clean clothes on him and he's out the door with DH by 625am it's not always obvious.  DS was fine and then by the afternoon he had pink eye and the sitter called us to let us know ....so NO it's not always obvious if the child doesnt have symptoms until after they reach daycare.

• Options
    imageuofihoard:
    imagefruitcakes:

imageSusieDMB:

That's what the frustrating part is...Jake said that when he dropped off Olivia yesterday, the first thing that he noticed with one of the boys was the pinkeye. Why would you send your child to daycare when it's so obvious?!

EXCUSE ME?!?!? NO....................it's NOT always obvious - when you get your child up at 6am, give him a bottle, throw some clean clothes on him and he's out the door with DH by 625am it's not always obvious. DS was fine and then by the afternoon he had pink eye and the sitter called us to let us know ....so NO it's not always obvious if the child doesnt have symptoms until after they reach daycare.

Dang. Kelley was just saying this case of pinkeye was obvious - not every case. Chill.
  • Options
    imageuofihoard:
    imagefruitcakes:

imageSusieDMB:

EXCUSE ME?!?!?  NO....................it's NOT always obvious - when you get your child up at 6am, give him a bottle, throw some clean clothes on him and he's out the door with DH by 625am it's not always obvious.  DS was fine and then by the afternoon he had pink eye and the sitter called us to let us know ....so NO it's not always obvious if the child doesnt have symptoms until after they reach daycare.

Wow.  Indifferent

Actually it was completely obvious.  And considering he was there within about 30 minutes of the daycare opening, I'm going to go on a limb and say that the chances of it being obvious when he was dropped off are pretty strong.  And if it did pop up in the first 20 minutes that he was at daycare, then the provider should have notified the parents to come back. 

• Options
    imagefruitcakes:
    imageuofihoard:
    imagefruitcakes:

imageSusieDMB:

Wow.  Indifferent

Actually it was completely obvious.  And considering he was there within about 30 minutes of the daycare opening, I'm going to go on a limb and say that the chances of it being obvious when he was dropped off are pretty strong.  And if it did pop up in the first 20 minutes that he was at daycare, then the provider should have notified the parents to come back. 

I agree that the child at  your daughters daycare may have a case of pink eye that was obvious but its NOT always as in my sons case.   Dont blame the parent always.....your providor should have called the parents to get the child picked up is all I'm saying. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"