Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

advice please

Im due at the end of december and im wondering if i will really need a stroller or not.  Could i just use the car seat attached to a shopping cart while im out and if im not using a cart just use a sling?  im tight on money and thought i would just wait until spring/summer and buy a regular stroller.  will baby be big enough to go in a regular stroller by that time?  i don't want to buy just a stroller frame if i dont have to

Re: advice please

• Options

You do not need a stroller. There are lots of moms who babywear exclusively.  (It's unsafe to put a car seat on top of a shopping cart though, for the record.)

I would get a wrap like the Moby (about $40 I think?) and use it to carry LO.

Or, I would get a snap and go frame ($50ish new, or can always be found on Craigslist or second hand stores for super cheap). This is a lightweight metal frame with wheels and a small basket that you snap your infant seat in to, so it functions like a stroller. Example here.

By the way, have you considered second hand? Resale children's stores are gold mines for awesome deals. Most infant items are only used for a short period of time and you can find great prices on them at places like that. 

• Options

I think you could definitely get by without a stroller.  The Moby is great for newborns and my DS and I love it.  Also, you can use your infant car seat with a lot of different strollers, not just the stroller frame aka Snap n Go. 

I agree with PPs about the car seat/shopping cart thing.  If I take the car seat in the store I put it in the basket of the shopping cart, not on top.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Check Craigslist for a used snap n go or stroller.  I bought a used snap n go for $30 and it's in great condition.  You could also wear the baby, but the convenience of being able to leave a sleeping baby in the infant seat is really nice.  But I agree with the pp- it's really not safe to put the carseat on top of the shopping cart.  If you have to go that route- put it in the main section of the cart. 

• Options
    Our baby is due in december and we didn't buy one of the travel systems or a regular stroller yet. We've got the snap n go (only because DH insisted we have something to roll him in), but I plan on wearing the baby if we are out and about like shopping or taking walks and such.  I have a baby carrier (beco butterfly), but am toying with the idea of using a moby especially since it'll be chilly and we'll keep each other warm.  we plan to start traveling once the baby is about 6 months old so we'll probably buy an umbrella or lightweight stroller then.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"