Parenting after 35
Options

Wedding, Weaning, and Poo-plosions!

Hi Everyone!  Well, it looks like I'm one of many that has been extremely busy lately and not finding time to Bump!  I'm hoping to get back in the game this week! A quick update:

Last Tuesday, Miss Bev (D's home daycare provider) called me at work concerned about D - that she was afraid she might have an ear infection.  She knew we were flying out of town Friday and wanted to make sure we were able to have her seen beforehand.  I was able to get an appointment that afternoon and sure enough - DOUBLE ear infection!  I would have never thought it either - she was exhibiting cold symptoms for two days and that was it.  This is now her second one - her last one was right before we went on vacation last month.  The pedi put her on a stronger antibiotic this time and we have a follow up (which we didn't have last time) next week.

Friday we flew up to Ohio for my cousin's wedding.  I have a very large family on my dad's side:  twenty-somethign first cousins, and my dad is the oldest of seven.  This was the first time DH and LO got to meet the rest of "the family".  We had a connecting in Memphis - which was two hours late.  So, instead of arriving in Columbus at 9:40pm, we arrived around 11:30pm and after we picked up the rental car we didn't get to our final destination until 12:15am.  And LO did not sleep on the plane....and did not want to sleep when we arrived at my cousin's.  We were up until after 3am catching up with family (LO too...), and then LO would not sleep in the PNP - so she slept with us.  Not good...up every couple hours.  The wedding was Saturday and she was soooooo cute in her little pink poka dot party dress, little pink sweater and pink patent leather shoes!  But - I forgot the camera. Sad  She stole the show!  It was "pass the baby" time and she did wonderful with all these people she'd never met before.  She actually fell asleep in Daddy's arms during the reception for about 45 minutes, but was up partying until 11pm.  And did she want to sleep when we got back to the hotel?  Of course not - again, slept with me (we had two queen beds) - which means Mommy didn't sleep well.

The flight home was pretty good - except the antibiotic has a wonderful side affect of loose stools.  So, she had two poo-plosions on the plane.  Thank goodness I had packed extra clothes!  She didn't fuss at all on the plane - she was antsy, but very well behaved.  She charmed everyone sitting around us.

Since she turned 11 months Sunday and we are done with our travels until Thanksgiving, I've decided to start weaning her.  I have always nursed her directly, and then pumped while at work.  I dropped my pumping sessions, starting yesterday.  I normally pump twice at work - I felt full by the time I got home yesterday, but no pain.  I will continue to nurse her in the morning and at night for awhile.  It hit me yesterday when my normal pump time came and went - as much as I HATE pumping, I felt a little sad. Crying Although, on the upside - I was able to wear a REAL bra for the first time in 11 months and I feel a little sexy again! Wink

Hope to be able to catch up on some posts soon - we're having issues with internet at home.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wedding, Weaning, and Poo-plosions!

• Options

Wedding, Weaning and Poo-plosions - is that the sequel to Two Weddings and a Funeral?

hee hee

Glad to see you back. Sounds like you had a great time. That Laney sure is a party girl! 

ETA: Kudos to Bev for alerting you to Laney's illness. Even with her pushy political views, Bev sounds like a great provider. Yes

Robby's Blog

Momma Bear
    Big - 1 year old
    Bigger - 6 years old
    Biggest - 13 years old

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemama.bear:

ETA: Kudos to Bev for alerting you to Laney's illness. Even with her pushy political views, Bev sounds like a great provider. Yes

I was going to say - she sounds like a great DCP... except the wacky political stuff.

So glad you guys had a great time at the wedding. Laney sounds like she did remarkably well, all things considered. She saved the not so great stuff for you and shined at the wedding. Good girl.

Sorry you are feeling sad about weaning. I guess my only comment is... enjoy it for the time that's left. Hugs.

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagecarladillon:
    felt a little sad. Crying Although, on the upside - I was able to wear a REAL bra for the first time in 11 months and I feel a little sexy again! Wink

Hope to be able to catch up on some posts soon - we're having issues with internet at home.

Jealous!!!!

• Options
    Welcome back! Sounds like an eventful trip. Too bad you forgot your camera, I would love to see pictures of D in her cutie cutes.
  • Options
    imagedaisydana:
    imagemama.bear:

I was going to say - she sounds like a great DCP... except the wacky political stuff.

She really, really is - Delaney actually SQUEALS with joy when we drop her off!  I think that is why I have been able to put the wacky stuff on a shelf for now.  While I don't always agree with her on social/political issues, I have full confidence that she loves my little girl and takes wonderful care of her.

• Options
    imagedaisydana:
    imagemama.bear:

So glad you guys had a great time at the wedding. Laney sounds like she did remarkably well, all things considered. She saved the not so great stuff for you and shined at the wedding. Good girl.

Sorry you are feeling sad about weaning. I guess my only comment is... enjoy it for the time that's left. Hugs.

This exactly.  And maybe one of your cousins can send you some pictures of Laney at the wedding so you can share them with us.  Big Smile

• Options
    imagemama.bear:

YAY Miss Bev! Great to see ou, Carla :)

• Options

WOW - you've had a busy week!  :o)

So glad you guys all had a great time at the wedding, such fun, and i'm sure she looked absolutely adorable, she always does anyways!  Hope someone can send you some pics....and don't talk to me about sexy lady.  I'm leaking all over the place here... LOL!

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"