TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Update on Me, and Poss. Cause for Loss.

Well, I had an appointment yesterday with my OB, and the pathology on the placenta came back as showing infection and "was in pieces". That information combined with the fact that I had spotting from week 6,  my placenta had to be manually removed, and that even after that ordeal I still ended up having a D&C leads my OB to believe the placenta was the problem, and I do not have an incompetant cervix.

I also had a thrombophila panel run, and I came back positive for anti-cardiolipin antibodies. This can lead to clotting issues, and could cause problems with the placenta due to tiny clots forming in the veins and cutting off blood supply. However, as with any clotting issue, theories vary. I have been referred to an RE for further testing, and he should be able to tell me if daily baby aspirin is enough, or if I may need to add blood thinners.

I have been cleared to start trying again if I want to. I should be ovulating next week sometime. My DH and I have decided to not avoid but we won't be going full bore until we meet with the RE. I may do opk's but mainly just to see what my cycle is like now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Update on Me, and Poss. Cause for Loss.

• Hugs Jenn!

I am glad that you have some answers and some possible solutions. It is good news that you do not have an incompetent cervix. I hope the RE gets the testing done quickly and you get a plan in place that will give you your forever baby. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ((hugs)) I'm happy that you have some answers. I know it's not going to make anything better, but it's some form of closure.

I'm excited you get to start trying again! How do you and DH feel about that?

Stillbirth at 23w6d on Sept, 22, 2008 M/C at 5 weeks June 14, 2010 My miracle, James Frederick born May 2, 2011 via C-section
  • Loading the player...
  • {{HUGS}}}
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • imageCarrieLeigh84:

((hugs)) I'm happy that you have some answers. I know it's not going to make anything better, but it's some form of closure.

We are ready to start trying, although we do want to speak to the RE before we start really trying hard. I know it may seem soon, only 2 months later, but I want a baby. I am 31, and I will be 32 before I have a baby, my dh is 35, and we want more than one child if we are able. I am not trying to replace Redford with another child, if I at all felt that way, we not be trying. I love my son but my desire for children is not outweighed by my fear of another loss.

I am not gonna lie, the thought of a positive pregnancy test both thrills me and terrifies me at the same time, if that makes sense. It took us 6 months after our first loss to get pregnant again, and I feel it will be awhile this time too.

• ((hugs)) I'm happy that you have some answers. I know it's not going to make anything better, but it's some form of closure.

Stillbirth at 23w6d on Sept, 22, 2008 M/C at 5 weeks June 14, 2010 My miracle, James Frederick born May 2, 2011 via C-section
  • {{HUGS}} to you.  I'm glad you have some answers now.  I hope the RE is another step in the right direction.
  • ((HUGS))
  • ((hugs)) I'm glad you got some answers.

BFP 12/18/2009. HB 1/4/2010. NO HB 1/18/2010. D&C 1/19/2010
    April 2011 IUI #1 BFN. High FSH and other issues.
    May 2011 Chose to build our family through adoption
    September 2011 Actively waiting for a match
    11/26/11 Surprise BFP * DD born 7/23/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Huge Hugs!!!
    BFP 4/23/09. D&E 7/17/09 16W5D. BFP #2 3/10/10. EDD 11/15/10 Babycakes was born 11/5/10! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Im so glad that you got some answers, you deserve that at the very least.  A few months of stress free ttc is in order after all that you've been thru and I hope that you get your BFP very soon. I hope your OPKs show you getting right back on track.   Stay strong and big big ((((hugs))))
  • (((huge hugs)))  I'm glad you got some answers.
  • Hugs, I'm glad you got some answers.
  • Hugs, Jen.  I am glad you are getting some answers and hopeful the RE will help.  Going to an RE has been so much better for us as they do seem to understand the intricacies of TTC.
    Forever buddy to Angelica; Natural Miscarriage Jan. 2008 @ 11 weeks; 2 years of BFFN's; DX: Unexplained IF (RE thinks IF is due to tubal issues); IUI #1 & 2= BFFN; IUI#3 = BFP, resulted in Cornual ectopic pregnancy; IUI #4 - 6 =BFFN; Our next endeavor... IVF. 1 grade AA embryo transferred on 4-23-2011 and 5 frosties. BFP Abby born 1/5/2012

imageimageimage
  • Not having an incompetent cervix is good news.   And it's great that you have a plan.  Hope everything comes together & you have more good news soon!  :)
  • I'm glad that you got some kind-of answers. I hope this was just a fluke and your next placenta has its sh!t together. Literally.
  • (((big hugs)))

I'm so glad you got some answers. 

• Hugs.  I hope you find some solutions.
    imageimage
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
  • (((Hugs))) I hope these answers help and the RE can put together a good plan for you.  
  • I am glad you got some answers.   hugs! 
  • I'm glad you have some answers.  ((hugs))
  • Glad you got some answers and glad they cleared you to try again. When I went back the RE after losing the twins they ran a bunch of bloodwork, it's good that your ob ran some for you. Good luck with your appt with the RE.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"