Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Lets talk 12mo shots

I am dreading this. Did you go alone or did you have help like your SO with you? Did your lo get sick/fever? How did your lo react?

Thanks ladies.. Im a bundle of nerves over these shots. I am going alone, my bf has to work.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Lets talk 12mo shots

• Options

I haven't done the 12 month shots yet. I'm dreading them b/c of so many people I know who had reactions (even one person got the measles from it).

I always bring DH with me for LO's shots.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

The blood draw was worse than the shots.  I swear the nurse was squeezing her finger for almost 5 minutes trying to get enough blood out for the iron and lead tests.

This was the first time she had a slight fever the day after the shots.  It was right around 100.4 and didn't go down with Tylenol, only Motrin.

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH went with me. Only adverse reaction he had was the crying.
  • Options
    No worries. All babies are different. I had to go to all of my oldest DD's appt. alone when she was younger. I would normally just give her some motrin a hour or so before going and she would sometimes re-act and most times be perfectly fine. This is just another thing that us momma's must endure. Just make up your mind that you can handle whatever happens! You got this!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My LO was fine after his 12 month shots. We declined the Chicken Pox shot, but he was fine with all of the other ones.
  • Options
    DH was with me and DD cried for a couple of minutes then was fine. 
  • Options
    I'm dreading the blood draw more then the shots. My dh is going with me.
  • Options
    imagesarcole530:
    My LO was fine after his 12 month shots. We declined the Chicken Pox shot, but he was fine with all of the other ones.

Why did you decline if you dont mind me asking?
  • Options
    We have to go to the health dept. because my FIL is her doctor, he is family practice and doesn't order those shots because they always expire and they lose tons of money. I went on a day DH could come with me. We only did two shots though, the Hib and Pc. This month we are doing Dtap. Next month we need another does of the Hib and Pc. We are not doing MMR or any other live virus shots until later.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

This is reminding me to do a PSA on being aware of what shots the nurse is giving your LO.  I admit that I always assumed that the nurse was giving my son the correct shots and didn't pay much attention, but he got someone else's shots at his 12 mo appointment!

He is fine, but it was really scary.  Make sure you remember what shots they're getting and double check with the nurse that's what they're giving.  Ask the nurse that they give you the child's name that is supposed to get the shots they're administering!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"