Minnesota Babies
Options

Thoughts on side-snap tees? And where to get?

I was thinking about getting some white side-snap tees for LO when she arrives, to make things easier with the cord. Plus, with the other clothes I already have, I'd probably use them. I was planning on having someone pick them up though, because I wanted to wait and see how big she is so we have the right size. Questions:

1.) Did you use these/what are your thoughts? Helpful/not helpful?

2.) Where do you get them? I haven't seen any at Super Target.

Thanks! :)

BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
BFP #4, 7/22/12, DD#2 born 4/2013

Re: Thoughts on side-snap tees? And where to get?

• Options

I never used them except for in the hospital because that's what they dress the babies in.  I mostly used regular onesies....DD's cord didn't fall off for WEEKS (the dr. finally had to take it off) and it never seemed to be a problem.

I did have some outfits that had tops that were side snap that I really liked though, just never bought the plain ones.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I used them at the hospital and thought I needed them so I bought some the 2nd day home and never used them.  Her stump fell off when she was 9 days old and it was never an issue with the onesies prior to it falling off.

I got Gerber ones at Target.  They were in a 2 pack.

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Like PP we only used them in the hospital. I had been given some gerber ones but never really used them. 
  • Options
    We used them the first couple weeks our dd was home because it was nice to have the side snap tee (get the long sleeve with mittens) and then just swaddle her. I also really liked the footed pants/side snap tee outfits when she was a newborn. It's too hard keeping socks on a baby so the footed pants are nice. I would think you would want the newborn size if you are going to use them right away.

Photo taken at 16 months old
  • Options
    I only used them in the hospital too.  Neither of my boys liked to be swaddled and I always felt like their tummies ended up exposed in those shirts.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have a ton of these that my friend and bfm gave me. I haven't seen them around and not really sure if I will even use all of them. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ok thanks. Sounds like I should play it by ear. I have one side-snap outfit and was thinking a few more would come in handy, but I haven't purchased much in the way of clothes. Only a few things in addition to what people have given us. Was kind of waiting to see WHEN she comes and how big she is, since it's right at the season change...never know how Sept. and Oct. are going to play out!
    BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
    BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
    BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
    BFP #4, 7/22/12, DD#2 born 4/2013

• Options
    I bought a 2 pack today of side-snap long-sleeve (with hand covers) at BRU in Woodbury today. Unless you LO is very small go with 0-3 if you buy the gerber ones. Gerber alway runs very small. DS was born at 8lbs8oz and was never able to fit into a NB gerber onsies.
  • Options
    I also bought some but never used them once we got home from the hospital.  I do love the white onsies though.  I will second that Gerber runs real small. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"