Pennsylvania Babies
Options

RP: praise for Hershey BF support, for the local gals

Thought I'd link to my post on the BF board here, for anyone curious about local support networks.

I'm so glad I delivered at Hershey and was introduced to their support groups.  BUT... you don't have to deliver there to take advantage of the groups.

Here's my heartfelt thanks to the woman who passionately supports so many new, insecure moms for a living.

Re: RP: praise for Hershey BF support, for the local gals

• Options

You wrote a great letter.  I hope alot of new mommies take advantage of this service. 

• Options
    What a nice letter!  I'm so glad that you had that experience & I hope others take advantage of that exceptional resource.  I feel the same way about my LC, Tammy, at CRMC.  If it had not been for her I may have resorted to pricey prescription formula vs. altering my diet to nurse Ethan.  I also loved the time I spent at baby group (similar to yours).  I really connected with a couple of other moms who I met there and we have playdates together now.  We also exchanged emails and get together as a bigger group with other moms who attended.  It was such a fantastic experience!
    {Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

What a beautiful letter.  My biggest regret over the past year is not following up on my intentions and making the time back in those early days to get to this group.  I had the pleasure of meeting Mary during some of our pre-birth classes and agree she is such a compassionate understanding woman. There were many times over the past couple of months I wanted to pick up the phone and ask her advice but didn't.  My advice to others is to definitely attend these groups and don't hesitate to pick up the phone like I did!  Thankfully we made it 10 months without supplementing and only recently started Jack on formula during the day while I'm at work.  Its worked out well so far and my supply has allowed me to still nurse him when I'm home in the AM, at night and on weekends.  So we may still see our goal of a year - even if we didn't reach it the way we envisioned. I'm so thankful there are people like Mary out there supporting new Mom's the way she has you.

• Options

SO glad you posted this. I'm delivering at Harrisburg, but hoping to attend the BFing group at Hershey (since I actually live here). I was part of a similar group in Philly when I had my daughter, and made incredibly close friends and received immeasurable support. I attended for over a year, and often tell people it was the best parenting decision I've made thus far.

And it sounds like you had a similar experience... how awesome. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"