Breastfeeding
Options

side lying postition and c-section

I nursed DD, but never tried the side lying position when she was very little.  Have some of you with c-sections been able to do this post surgery?  I found it difficult laying flat when I came home.  I would like to try it when I have #2.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: side lying postition and c-section

• Options
    I nurse my DD now with the side laying position at night, its easier and not too much pressure on my incision
  • Options

I love side-lying and have done it with both my babies (DD1 vaginal, DD2 c/s). 

The only thing that bothered and frustrated me when I was first recovering (and even now, sometimes) is that DD2 looooves to kick while she's nursing -- and in side-lying, she was kicking directly at my incision. That was not fun while I was healing, and even now it bugs me a little. 

I use my hand to block her kicks and that helps.  

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a vertical incision- so the cut was even higher on my tummy and I was able to nurse side lying- (nice!) I used a thin pillow to protect my belly- another pillow between my knees to balance my pelvis and relax my back... one behind my back and one under my neck... tons of pillows but a relaxed and comfortable mama!
  • Options
    :raises hand: if nt fore my sore nips at week 1 i shld be continuing this position. now at LOs 3w were ok and i BF her in this posirion at nighttime.

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Options
    LO is now 7 weeks and is EBF. Football hold worked best for me. When she got a little bigger (8-9 lbs) side lying was fine too and still is.
  • Options
    I couldn't do side lying with LO till about 2 weeks after my section. It felt like there was just too much pressure on my tummy.  Honestly the the cross cradle hold with a boppy felt the most comfortable for me. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"