3rd Trimester
Options

Baby sleeping in the pack 'n play at first?

Can this be used for a newborn?  DH and I were thinking about maybe putting the pack n play in our room and she can nap in there during the day (while we nap too).    My mom seems unsure of the whole idea, but doesn't really get what the pack n play is used for.  What do you think?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby sleeping in the pack 'n play at first?

• Options
    this is what baby bargains recommends, to avoid buying a bassinet.
  • Options

Does yours have the bassinet feature, or are you talking about using it without?

I think we'll use ours without the bassinet feature (since it doesn't have one) downstairs for naps. I want to be able to keep G and baby girl separate while she sleeps.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sure it can be used for newborns.  I have the one with the newborn napper so that she will fit better it in.  We will be using it for the first 6 weeks at least while she sleeps in our room then she will transition to the crib.
  • Options

This is our plan, too. SIL/BIL did it and thought it worked great.

We did register for a pack n play that has the bassinet feature. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageInLovewSB:

Does yours have the bassinet feature, or are you talking about using it without?

I think we'll use ours without the bassinet feature (since it doesn't have one) downstairs for naps. I want to be able to keep G and baby girl separate while she sleeps.

We have this one

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4040764

• Options
    DD slept in the PnP for the whole first year of her life beside our bed before I put her in her crib. I plan to do the same with DD2. :o)
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    DD1: 8 (6/11/07)  DD2: 5 (6/15/10)
    BFP 10/13/2014 ... Natural M/C 10/25/14
    BFP...11/25/14! Grow Baby Grow! :)
    *our 3rd and our last*
    Repeat C/S scheduled for 7/29/15
  • Options

My mom has an issue with this too and says it so wrong to put an infant and they will be uncomfortable and blah blah blah...

...and this is coming from a woman who put at least 3 quits in our playpens when we were little, lol.

I say it's fine, especially if your playpen has a bassinette feature.  We are going to do the same.

• Options
    I haven't heard of any issues, but I think it would be a pain to bend over that far...we are using a PNP w/ the bassinet add on.

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

• Options
    Our pnp had the newborn napper feature that we used for the first weeks. Once he started to grow, then the bassinet feature worked.  Now he's in his big boy crib in his own room:)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We used it for the first 4-5 months.
  • Options
    We are keeping our baby in a pack n play for as long as we can and just ordered a 2" foam mattress to put inside it, made for the pack n play.  You should be good!
  • Options
    We're using the PnP for LO straight away.
    Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • Options

Unfortunately our PnP won't fit in our room, so we got a bassinet too - but you can put a newborn in a PnP no problem - ours even came with a changing station attachment.

• Options

imageStef419:
    We are keeping our baby in a pack n play for as long as we can and just ordered a 2" foam mattress to put inside it, made for the pack n play.  You should be good!

Where did you order that mattress from?  We might get one for LO when he's a little bit older.

Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • Options
    Yup, our PNP has a bassinet attachment. LO will sleep in there until she is about 3 or 4 months old (or if she starts mostly sleeping through the night). We didnt' want to by a bassinet separate so we are doing this. My SIL did this as well and I know a lot of people do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"