Multiples
Options

xp - Medela Symphony lost suction

I'm trying to figure out what part(s) I need to replace to get my rental Symphony working again. Looking on Medela's website, it seems like they are talking about needing to replace the little yellow thing with the white membrane that hangs down into the bottle that catches the milk. Is that right? Do I need to get new little yellow things, or just the white membranes? TIA for the help, of course the place I rented it from is closed on the weekend.

(I posted this on the breastfeeding board as well, but I figured lots of us on here use/used a Symphony and someone might know.)

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure

Re: xp - Medela Symphony lost suction

• Options

Sounds right.  The same thing happened to us a few times with the PISA, and was resolved when we replaced the inside yellow pieces.

ETA:  I only saw the yellow piece and membrane together for sale.  I want to say it was $8.99 for 2 of them.

~Crystal~ SAHM to Sam (5), Hugh (3), Mary & Grace (22 months) : )
  • Options

If there is condensation in the tubing it could do that too...

My DH used the bike pump to dry the tubes out and then mine worked again- but they did tell us at the hospital that if the membranes get bent at all it won't work- I bought a pack of membranes on amazon...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kegkeg member
    I know this sounds stupid, but also check to make sure that all the tubing is connected tightly.  I had a problem with the Lactina I used at work and it turned some of the tubing at a strange place wasn't in completely.  Tightened it up and it worked just great. 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Options
    KMB7KMB7 member
    If you have tried everything people have suggested, call Medela. If there are parts that need to be replaced, they often will ship them overnight for you. They sent me mine FREE. They are a great company to work with. 
    TTC since 7/06, found out about PCOS on 8/31/06 Dec.2007~ Metformin 1500mg, prenatals, Femara 2.5mg)(cd3-7), Gonal F 100iu(cd5-?) and Ovidrel with TI. DH~ antibiotics to improve motility (cd1-10)
    Beta #1 15dpo 298, Beta #2 18dpo 1048
    Family Blog
    Infertility Blog
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"