March 2013 Moms

Any C-section March mamas still sore?

I still feel a little sore in the abdominal area and it has been almost 3 months come June 2nd. Is this normal? It's not a pain or anything that I feel I should go to the doctor for. Just kinda sore. It's hard to explain....kinda like a heaviness. Aside from the fact I still have a few pounds to lose to get back to pre-prego. Maybe the fat I still have in the abdomen is heavy to carry around if that makes sense. 

Anywh.... Are the rest of you c-section ladies fully recovered yet? Or not?

Re: Any C-section March mamas still sore?

• I am a freak of nature, because the only pain that I had after my c section was when I'd laugh or cough. I only took percoset because they basically made me at the hospital. I never had trouble standing. I had trouble once bending over and It felt like my incision was stretching. My Dr still talks about how fast I recovered.

Sorry, I couldn't be much help. I do know that there are a lot of nerve endings in tissue and sometimes they can be painful for a while.
  • I am! I will be 2 months pp on Wednesday and I want to loose this extra baby weight so bad but it hurts sometimes just going for a walk let along trying to ab workout!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageNodoubtvw:
    I am a freak of nature, because the only pain that I had after my c section was when I'd laugh or cough. I only took percoset because they basically made me at the hospital. I never had trouble standing. I had trouble once bending over and It felt like my incision was stretching. My Dr still talks about how fast I recovered.

Sorry, I couldn't be much help. I do know that there are a lot of nerve endings in tissue and sometimes they can be painful for a while.

Same
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageNodoubtvw:
    I am a freak of nature, because the only pain that I had after my c section was when I'd laugh or cough. I only took percoset because they basically made me at the hospital. I never had trouble standing. I had trouble once bending over and It felt like my incision was stretching. My Dr still talks about how fast I recovered. Sorry, I couldn't be much help. I do know that there are a lot of nerve endings in tissue and sometimes they can be painful for a while.

Pretty much the same.  The only thing I noticed (and still do occasionally) is if I bend or twist in an odd way I get a quick soreness/pain that subsides rather quickly.  Sorry I couldn't be of much help!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm more than 3 months PP and still have pain at the incision. Like you, not enough to contact the dr, but definitely uncomfortable. I started working out again and that has made it a little more sore I think. I feel a lot of pulling and burning too
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • LisaM06LisaM06 member

I am almost 3 months PP and still have some occasional pain.  It's usually when I sneeze or lift something heavy but only on my left side.  It feels like stinging and lasts for awhile, but not painful enough to be concerning.  Hoping soon to feel completely normal again! 

• Yep, a little soreness still, especially when I go somewhere and baby wear. Or when LO kicks me in the tummy when we're side-lying nursing... Tongue Tied
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageRunaway22:
    Yep, a little soreness still, especially when I go somewhere and baby wear. Or when LO kicks me in the tummy when we're side-lying nursing... Tongue Tied

ughh. Mine is forever kicking me in the incision while side lying nursing! 

• imageLisaM06:

I am almost 3 months PP and still have some occasional pain.  It's usually when I sneeze or lift something heavy but only on my left side.  It feels like stinging and lasts for awhile, but not painful enough to be concerning.  Hoping soon to feel completely normal again! 

This. I'm almost 11 weeks PP and only around week 10 could I go for lengthy walks without being stiff, sore and achy afterwards. I haven't tried to do an actual workout yet, but I've been feeling pretty good just doing my day to day stuff.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Lex703Lex703 member
    I get a sharp pain from time to time. I took the Percocet in the hospital because they made me after the surgery. I use what they gave me know for my back pain instead of the c section pain.
  • I'm still sore at times more than 2 years out if I move a certain way, and especially since after my VBAC. It's normal, unfortunately. :/
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageLex703:
    I get a sharp pain from time to time. I took the Percocet in the hospital because they made me after the surgery. I use what they gave me know for my back pain instead of the c section pain.

I ended up doing this too, but WAAAY in the beginning when I was using creative measures to get up off the couch! I made myself get rid of the pills.

My incision has actually been really itchy today!

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Mine was 9.5 weeks ago and I'm still having pains. I don't even know how to describe them. One side of my incision took longer to heal than the other and it still bothers me from time to time. The pain usually occurs after I've exerted myself more when walking and lifting.
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • imagevmihelci:
    I'm more than 3 months PP and still have pain at the incision. Like you, not enough to contact the dr, but definitely uncomfortable. I started working out again and that has made it a little more sore I think. I feel a lot of pulling and burning too

Ditto on the pulling and burning. Ugh! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"