Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Great timing! Considering switching from in-home to preschool.

And my sitter is suspicious.  :/

K is ready for more.  I feel so bad possibly leaving my sitter though.  She's been great.  She asked about next year today and I just told her I don't know yet.  She text me about how she understands if we switch, just bring K by so she can still see her, she loves K....oh, the guilt!  But, I will do what's best for my kid. 

We'd be switching to a daycare with a preschool.  I have been leary of daycares but I think I have realized I'm overly paranoid.  :)

ETA: tell me why you love your daycare!

Re: Great timing! Considering switching from in-home to preschool.

• Options

i know!

i felt sooo guilty when i moved Carson from inhome daycare to daycare center and he was only there for 6 months but the provider was so attached and he had a little girlfriend there and ugh, i felt awful..........BUT!  it was a good choice that had to be made for a few reasons.

do what is in your heart!  Carson loves his daycare!

• Options
    sorry, i missed your eta.  i love everything he is exposed to at school and all the little projects and activities they do. ....LOVE IT! i also love the friendships he is forming and the bond he has with his teachers.  makes me smile everyday i go to pick him up!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had a friend who offered to do in-home and while I liked the idea, I really like the environment that DD is in.  She is a SPONGE and soaks up education and information and she'd be really held back if she wasn't in a school setting. 
  • Options

Just remember that sitters love your children too and they want the best for them.  Most realize that by age 2.5 - 3 the child is ready for more.  They recognize that they can't give them everything that a preschool can offer them.  It's just hard because your sitter is attached and loves your child too.

As for what they can get from preschool ... more children their age (a sitter typically has younger children), a more structured day, art projects, developing friendships, learning school type skills, healthy competition.  They get to do more active things during the day. 

You'll love preschool and be so glad you made the change.  Just take K by every now and again and visit your sitter ... she will miss her too!

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    If it makes you feel any better,  all of my firneds that have used in-home sitters have switched to preschool/daycares when they kids were 2 or 3. Why I love m daycare - the program is amazing, my kids have the best friends and the staff truely love my kids and take such great care of them (I have used some of the staff as baby-sitters when needed which is not often due to my family fighting ocer the chance to watch my kids).  My kids have learn a ton, they eat great (school provides all the meals), they have learned social skills, how to listen, follow directions, my older DD takes Spanish class (younger one will start in the fall), both have taken soccer.  My center has a website and they post pics and other updates.  I could go on and on and on.  I just feel that all around, it has been a wonderful experience for all of us.  I feel totally comfort with the care of my kids and they love it.  I often have days that I show up and my kids don't want to come home just yet, they want to finish what they are doing and say good bye to their friends and teachers.  It can take me a long time to leave and I take that as a great sign.  My older DD is in the 3 year preschool program now and will move to 4 year old for the summer and then she is starting PreK through the elementary school in the fall.  My little one is in the oler Toddler room but moves to the transistion preschool room in June (ages 2 1/2 to 3 and potty trained but she is moving a few months early since she is already getting bored in her room and I love the preschool camp program so we agreed that ready to go early).
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"