Birth Stories
Options

Should've gone natural as planned...

Baby boy is here, and smaller than estimated LONG - sorry.

-->

I was induced 4-22 due to suspected macrosomia, excessive swelling, GBS positive, and issues with my IBS.  I arrived for my induction at 7.  By 9:00 Pitocin, antibiotics, and fluid were all running. 

At 10:30 I was between a 2 & 3, so he broke my water.  Baby was still -4 station.  About 1:00 my sister had talked me into an epidural.  Boy, was that a mistake! My blood pressure dropped. I had to have to hits of epinephrine.  This in turn made the baby's heart rate erratic.  He slowly adjusted, and I was given Zofran for nausea.  It only worked on one side, and I could not lift my right leg.  I was not happy.  My last 3 births were epi free, & I should';ve held out on this one.  I truly regret the useless epi with all that I am,

At 3:30 I was only a 4, and baby was in same station.  The nurse and I started talking about a c-section.  All of a sudden about 3:45 I felt a burning sensation with a lot of pressure.  I knew something had changed.  My wonderful nurse agreed to check me again.  I was a 10, but there was a small lip.  OB was called, along with several other nurses.  I pushed for 2 contractions when they had to turn off the epidural.  We waited for it to wear off enough so that I could feel where to push.  I began pushing again.  Baby was still very high. 

There was also the issue of tearing.  In my 3 previous pregnancies I experienced 4th degree tears in 3 directions.  When baby's head was about half way out the OB had me stop pushing so that I could stretch around baby (hoping to prevent a tear),  After a while he could see that there was no way I was going to stretch that big.

He performed an episiotomy,  I also tore internally.  I asked the OB how many stitches - he said he stopped counting.  Baby Harry V was born at 4:56. He was 8 lb 9 oz.  OB had projected 10lb based on 33 week sono & me measuring between 4-6 weeks ahead.

He had some breathing problems in the first cpl of hours, but everything seems to be ok now.  I am breast feeding him now, and he is already a pro.  He has eaten 3 times in the last 2 hrs.  He is a monster already, lol.

Recovery will be a LONG process, but he is SSSSSOOOOO worth it,

Re: Should've gone natural as planned...

• Options
    Congrats on your little baby.  I hope your recovery goes well!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Ouch! Your tear sounds awful, but I hope the recovery is quick.  You sound very brave about it.  It's interesting to hear your experience with the epi. Thanks for sharing everything and congratulations!
    Ectopic pregnancy Aug. 2008, followed by a diagnosis of two blocked tubes.
    IVF#1 gave us a BFP on 8/24/09, DD born May 2010
    Surprise, natural BFP July 2012 ended in miscarriage 9/4/12 at 10w4d
    FET#1 January 2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"