Birth Stories
Options

What did you wear during labor?

I wanted to have on a sports bra but haven't found one that fits right or is comfortable. Is this a waste anyway? Thanks!

Re: What did you wear during labor?

• Options
    good call with the sports bra.  i wish i would have done that...i just wore the hospital gown.  i had brought with these nice pajamas but the nurse was like, "honey you don't want to ruin those!!"

i have to have a c-section this time so i don't know if they will let me wear a sports bra? 
  • Options
    A sports bra is a good idea...wish I would have thought of something like that.  Just keep in mind that if you do the skin-to-skin after birth they'll want you to have nothing on.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you planning on BFing?? If so, I would get a comfortable sleep/leisure nursing bra. I got one when DD was a baby and it was so nice to wear at night. I would think it would be nice at the hospital as well.

I guess I didn't know what to do, so I didn't wear anything, which was fine because I got in the bath during labor anyways (although people do wear bras in the tub). I will probably wear a sleep nursing bra this time around.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Ditto pps on the breastfeeding/skin-to-skin contact thing.

I just wore the hospital gown since I didn't want to ruin any of my own stuff and was in and out of the shower/tub anyway. While I was pushing we unsnapped the shoulders of the gown so that I could open up the front and the baby could be placed right on my chest.
  • Options
    I wore the hospital gown and after delivering and cleaning up, I changed into what I had.  A sports bra is definitely more convinent and comfortable.  Try Motherhood, they have nursing bras that resemble sports bra.  No wires and all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"