North Carolina Babies
Options

henry update/[/'/

we just got back from the doc. she said henry almost definitely had a febrile seizure and that's why he was so upset for so long. it also would've contributed to him being floppy and almost non-responsive and throwing up after he calmed down. UGH. poor thing Sad

anyway, i know febrile seizures are technically no big deal, i had them when i was a kid, but it's so scary to see your child not responding to you when you know they're awake.

his fever is back, so we'll be motrin-ing afternoon and nighttime. she said probably H1N1, and they sent out a test to the lab. the rapid came back negative, but so did henry's buddy's (his exposure). we're also starting tamiflu.k

Re: henry update/[/'/

• Options
    henry helped me submit that. sorry for the small amount of extraneous punctuation in the title Embarrassed
  • Options
    Poor guy.  I can't imagine how scary that was.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i almost said the thing about the seizure this morning when u posted but considering i dont have a medical background didnt want to assume something like that and scare u. thats a bummer that he might have h1n1 esp. consideriing your neighbor knowingly let her son around henry...i hope the tamiflu helps and he gets better soon!! hugs to mommy and henry
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

How scary for you / DH to see that last night though!  I hope Henry starts feeling better soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    OH no. That's awful. :( That actually crossed my mind last night (the febrile seizure). I hope he gets better soon and kicks the flu fast!!
  • Options
    unfortunately, it went through my mind too, but not until this morning. last night i had no idea. i knew he was predisposed to get them, so i don't know why i didn't think of it last night. poor guy.
  • Options
    Poor little guy, hope he feels better soon!
  • Options

Poor Henry and pooooor mommy!  I hope you can get some rest tonight, but I'm sure you'll probably be checking on him every other minute (I've been there recently!)  Maybe you can try to get some sleep while your DH is still up and checking on him.

Good luck and I hope he feels better soon! 

• Options

oh mercy - so sorry to hear that.

I nearly mentioned in the earlier post about the chance of it being a febrile seizure but didn't want to worry you needlessly since you were already headed to the dr today.

Hopefully the meds will keep his fever lowered this evening. You can alternate Tylenol and Motrin for fuller coverage.

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Options
    yuck, hope he feels better soon!!!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• Options
    Poor little man! That must have been terrifying for you, I hope he's feeling better soon!!
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options

You poor thing - Will had a febrile seizure at 15 months and I've never been so scared in my life because I had no idea what it was.  Totally relate there.

Hope Henry is on the mend quickly!   It sucks to feel so helpless :(

Married - October 16, 2005
    Mama to William Nathaniel - October 7, 2006

And Natalie Frances - June 24, 2010
  • Options
    How scary!  Glad he is okay, and I hope he is feeling better soon!
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh gosh! I hope he's feeling better soon!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"