Baby Showers
Options

Clicky: Saturday or Sunday?

Re: Clicky: Saturday or Sunday?

• Options
    I used to give showers on Sundays, but these days with so many of my friends having out of town guests, I like to have the shower on Saturdays so people can get in, relax, and have an extra day to leave.
  • Options

imagesugarp:
    I used to give showers on Sundays, but these days with so many of my friends having out of town guests, I like to have the shower on Saturdays so people can get in, relax, and have an extra day to leave.

That's how my family is - need a day of rest before the work week. DH's family insists on Sunday, so I ended up with two different days. :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have typically done Sunday showers but because people are travelling from out of town (and my shower is large) my hosts wanted to do Saturday.  Works for me!
  • Options

We always have showers around 1-2 pm on a Sunday and they are not "strenuous" for the guests so no real need to relax.  lol  They only last no more than 3 hours so they are able to drive home.  We don't have any that come less than 5 hours away though...and most come from between 1 1/2 - 3 hours. 

Personally, I prefer Sunday showers.  We do other things (family things) on Saturdays (go to movies, lunch or dinner out, kiddie programs and parties, etc).  Sundays are church and then whatever (so I am almost always free on a Sunday afternoon).

• Options
    Hi!  I totally would pick a Saturday...this will give you Sunday to rest and relax as well as sort through all your baby's new gifts.  Saturday also gives the ladies who attend a chance to have Sunday to prepare for their work week, if they work.  Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Where I live people are very religious and no one would come on a Sunday because after Church its family time. Same with Wednesday nights is Church night too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"