3rd Trimester
Options

Anyone with Kaiser? Circumcision question.

For anyone that has Kasier Permanente, do you know if they do circumcisions on boys?  Ideally DH and I would like it to be done at birth.  But I'm thinking since it's considered a elective procedure that they won't do it, but I'll ask my doctor at my next appt. 

Thanks in advance for any advice.

imageimageimage

Re: Anyone with Kaiser? Circumcision question.

• Options
    I don't have Kaiser but our hospital doesn't do them and we have to wait until his 2 week appt to get it done. If you already picked out a pediatrician i'd call them and ask them when they perform them.
  • Options

We have Kaiser and the circ was done at birth in the hospital by the OB.  I know it is an elective procedure but it was covered as part of the hospital stay.

This could, of course, vary by state and plan, but this was our experience.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageDMacG:
    I don't have Kaiser but our hospital doesn't do them and we have to wait until his 2 week appt to get it done. If you already picked out a pediatrician i'd call them and ask them when they perform them.

we don't have Kaiser either and our hospital doesn't do them either.  DS had his done at 4 days old at his first pedi appointment.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hey BB!! So nice to have a Kaiser buddy :)

I asked member services about it and they said if we elected to do it while we were still in the hospital it would be covered under MY hospital coverage. So whatever deductible/copay/whatever applies to your hospital stay also covers little one's snip.

• Options
    imagesugarbeetsy:

Hey BB!! So nice to have a Kaiser buddy :)

I asked member services about it and they said if we elected to do it while we were still in the hospital it would be covered under MY hospital coverage. So whatever deductible/copay/whatever applies to your hospital stay also covers little one's snip.

Hiya, sugar.  That's good to know!  Wink

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"