Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

after your teeth become un-numb do they hurt?

I am getting the feeling back in my teeth that had fillings done today and they freakin hurt! Does this happen to anyone else???

Re: after your teeth become un-numb do they hurt?

• Options
    Every time.
  • Options
    yes. I take 3 advil before I even leave the dentist's office
    Me:40 DH:40 AMH:.21 FSH: 10.9 2 failed IUIs on Clomid; 4 failed IUIs using Follistim; 1 cancelled IVF due to poor response; Switched REs in March 2012; Currently stimming for final IVF. Estrogen priming with microsode lupron; 6/25:8 retrieved,7 mature,5 fertilized with ICSI; 6/30: transferred 4. Beta #1 7/12:92.1 Beta #2 7/16: 528 Beta #3 7/18: 1,042 7/25/12: First ultrasound. 1 bean measuring 6 weeks 1 day Hb 116 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageGina418:
    Every time.

glad it's "normal"

• Options
    It did after my root canal, but not after the crown.  (Well by the time they put the crown in, the nerve was dead, so nothing to hurt I guess.)  It's been a while since I got a plain old filling.
  • Options

Yes. Happens almost every time. It really depends on the location of the tooth, though. My molars will hurt for up to 3 weeks after a filling, and sometimes it won't even be hurting where the actual work was done--it hurts on the top part of my jaw if it was the bottom, etc. A dentist told me this can happen and so long as it goes away, it's fine.

Another problem I had recently was my bite was off bigtime. You know how the dentist asks "Does it feel OK?" after you've just gotten filled and you're still numb? How in the world are you supposed to answer that? I ended up going back about a week after to have the filling shaved down a little bit because my bite was way off. It was hurting so badly I was waking up in the middle of the night from the pain. Ouch!

You can take Tylenol or Motrin for the pain. If it isn't handled with those meds, call your dentist and ask for something stronger. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"