Cincinnati Babies

Anyone buy CDs from Etsy?

Someone I know from another message board recently bought CDs (AIOs) from Etsy.  She has had a great experience with them, but I didn't know if anyone else has done this and had good experiences.

Honestly, the idea of CDing has been so overwhelming to me, just because I feel like there's a whole new language I need to learn. :) I feel a little more educated now, but how many of you use AIOs?  If you don't use them, what kind do you use?

Sorry for the questions that have been asked a million times, but I'd love to start doing this.  How many of you CD part time?  For me, CDing is more of an environmental issue than a cost issue, so I think I'll feel better even if we're just using them in the evenings, on weekends, and when I'm on breaks from school.

Thanks for all of your help!

Brady 7/29/2009 Avery 4/1/2011

Re: Anyone buy CDs from Etsy?

• The most important factor for me when researching what kind to buy for Ethan was a one size diaper, that way I didn't have to hassle with buying/selling different sizes.  I also love something that is AIO and not having to stuff pockets (although when we used pockets I did not mind stuffing at all - just did it after Ethan went to bed while I was watching a show).  I bought one diaper from Etsy, it was a KCK One style, which is a one size pocket.  It has a velcro closure but the closure is more bulky.  I don't think I would have liked to use it as our all the time diaper.  We have been most happy with the Bum Genius Organic One Size All-in-One's with snaps.  We CD full time, and it really does not add any time into our routine.  I keep them in a waterproof bag, toss them in the wash every 3rd day, and run a second wash/extra rinse, then dry in the dryer.  The Bum Genius 3.0's did take more time with us however, especially because our 2nd batch got hung to dry.  HTH!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have bought a AIO from Etsy.  It was a pink ribbon diaper with a donation to the Susan G Komen foundation.  It was a super cute diaper, but the quality was not what I want for every day use...aka, it wicks and leaks.  I decided to stick to the diaper manufacturers instead of going with SAHM wares when it comes to diapers.

I use BumGenius Organic Cotton AIOs.  LOVE them.  They are great daytime diapers.  Very trim and super easy.  We change every 3 hours so no leaks in that timeframe.  I also LOVE Bottombumpers.  They are really a AI2 with a snap in insert.  Those have worked very well and are very trim also.  We use a FuzziBunz pocket at night with the microfiber insert plus a hemp insert under the MF insert.  DD is a heavy wetter, but I could leave this diaper on her for 14 hours without a leak.  It is great.

We CD full time.  I had thought we would only do it part time when we started, but our sitter is completely ok with cloth, so we started fulltime and never had a second guess about it.  We love it.  Not only from the eco standpoint, but we have cost savings, and DD's booty has been rash free ever since we started cloth.  Wishing you luck.  There are lots of resources out there to help you learn what you need to know.  Give it 2 months, and you will have a wash routine down too.  It is so easy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have - I bought a couple of fitteds from GrahamBearWear and I've also got a couple of GreenSprouts fitteds (although I bought from her website, not her etsy).

I've also had good luck with some sellers on Hyenacart.com - Nana's Bottoms and Cute in Cloth. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just wanted to share this link: https://www.greensproutbaby.com/

Handmade and ADORABLE! 

• imagepunkrawkmom44:

I just wanted to share this link: https://www.greensproutbaby.com/

Handmade and ADORABLE! 

Yes, I have a couple of those and a cover from her too.  Great customer service and great quality.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"