Two Under 2
Options

Prior LEEP and second pregnancy

Just wondering if anyone has had a LEEP and they are now on their 2nd or more pregnancies?  Is the doctor checking your cervical length if you did not have any problems the first time around?  We moved and my new doctor is not going to check it until 24 weeks...wondering if this is normal?

Re: Prior LEEP and second pregnancy

• Options
    They checked me once with my first pregnancy. I didn't have any issues. They never checked me with this pregnancy and I didn't have any problems :) I don't think they even mentioned it at all this time. My LEEP was done about 9 years ago though..and both my girls were a week late.
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Options
    They never said anything about it.  I don't think I was checked....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

They started checking me at 14 weeks with DD, and I was on bedrest by 18.5 weeks because of a shortening cervix...but I made it to 38 weeks so this time, I won't automatically be put on bedrest, just monitored weekly once I get to the 2nd tri. Really hoping to avoid bedrest this time.

Complications like mine from a LEEP are not particularly common, and it's very likely my cervix is just short from having the LEEP - which warrants monitoring but doesn't mean it's incompetent.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"