February 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone else need their mama's?

My parents came into town this weekend and spent a few days with us (they live 5 hours away). They left today and right after they left, I found myself bawling. I'm not usually one to cry when I leave my parents, but I realized last night that I really didn't want my mom to leave. I know it's probably my crazy hormones, but anyone feel this way?

BabyFruit Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone else need their mama's?

• Options
    I always need my momma.  I'm not a big crier, so I haven't cried over her leaving, but when she's come to visit, it's really nice having the extra hands around... and I know I'm going to miss her tons when we have this LO and it's just DH and I.  The joys of being in a small career field and having to move where the jobs are.
    July '15 January Siggy - snow fails
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My mom gets on my nerves and I haven't needed her this whole pregnancy, but my dad works in Kentucky and I miss him all the time. I was really upset 2 weeks ago when he left. I have been suffering from homesickness for him.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

psh, so far my mom has asked me if I'm still using soap because I'm breaking out, that my ass is sagging, my nose is getting bigger? Pointed out that I'm wearing less makeup (uh yeah, sicne i puke it all off anyway), and i "must be having a girl because girls tend to take the pretty out of your face".

thankssssss 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I always need my mama! We are best friends and talk multiple times a day. My dad and mom live about 5 min away and help my ILs watch DD. I would hate it if we lived far away!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My mom lives almost 2,000 miles away. Every time that I leave when visiting her, or she leaves when visiting me I cry a little. She visited me about a month and a half ago and when she left I just started crying like crazy. I only see her once a year and it is going to be hard once the baby comes.
  • Options
    My parents live 2,000 miles away, so I REALLY miss my mom! My last pregnancy I remember driving past a Wendy's that we all went to one time went they visited out here and started crying. My DH thought I was nuts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    We're in WA and both of our families are in WI.  About two weeks ago I just broke down thinking about delivering baby with none of our family there but especially my mom.  I missed her so much and I still do.  Fortunately, we're going to WI for 12 days and 3 weddings so we'll have a few days to spend together.  :-)
    x
  • Options
    Yeah. My mom is very overbearing, but sometimes I just want her. She is one of those big boobie mamas that you can burry your face in and cry, too. Sometimes I just boohoo for my mama and sisters. They live ten hours away.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagezealion79:
    We're in WA and both of our families are in WI.  About two weeks ago I just broke down thinking about delivering baby with none of our family there but especially my mom.  I missed her so much and I still do.  Fortunately, we're going to WI for 12 days and 3 weddings so we'll have a few days to spend together.  :-)

We are basically the opposite. We are in Iowa all of our family is in Western WA. 

• Options
    I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one :) I was telling DH last night that I was going to be really sad when my mom left, but he couldn't understand why. So I tried to tell him, "You are my husband and I love you, but you're not my mom. Mom's and daughters is a whole different dynamic." It's been a long day...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This is the reason I am getting on a plane tomorrow for a 4 hr flight. My DH works away from home every 2 out of 3 weeks and with normal stress of being here alone allllllll day and night with an almost 3 yr old, then getting migraines from this pregnancy I said i needed my mommy to take care of me for a while and cook for me. lol. I can't wait to sleep in every morning. (well, generally sleep in. They are 2 hrs ahead of us and my mom lets me sleep until 8 when DS usually gets up around 6am their time. So technically I'm sleeping until 6am my time. lol)
    Kristin & Dave

Happy Easter

My Blog

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    my mom lives 10 minutes away, and my mom and i have had standing mommy/daughter days once a week for the last 10 years or so...i see her at *least* once a week, but i still miss her and want to see her more, want to see her everyday. i want her to move-in already.

• Options
    imagejewerner:

psh, so far my mom has asked me if I'm still using soap because I'm breaking out, that my ass is sagging, my nose is getting bigger? Pointed out that I'm wearing less makeup (uh yeah, sicne i puke it all off anyway), and i "must be having a girl because girls tend to take the pretty out of your face".

thankssssss 

Oh, we have the same mom, Lucky us!

My mom keeps leaving her brain-to-mouth filter at home whenever I see her. We normally are very close, but lately she's been dropping these inappropriate comments all over the place. I love my mom. I miss my mom. This lunatic I keep making plans with is NOT the person I know and love. 

She actually told my best friend last week that I've been a raging *** since I got pregnant and she should steer clear of me. I was so mad I think my vision went blurry for a second. Angry

Elkanah Brave, born 02/06/2012 7:26am
  • Options
    For my first pregnancy, I lived 6,000 miles and a 9+ hour plane ride from my mom. I saw her once while pregnant, and then for two weeks when the baby came. I lost it when she left both times. I remember dropping her off at the airport at then bawling the whole ride home and then being too upset to go back to work that day. Haha. I'm so glad we're back living in the States this pregnancy, and I'm only 30 mins from my mom. She's been super helpful watching the older one when I've been sick, etc. I'm soooo glad. I totally need my momma. And the hormones while you're pregnant totally don't help!
  • Options

My mom lives about 10 minutes away, which is great. The bad part is she has Lou Gehrig's disease (ALS) and has been trached and vented for 5 years, so she can't talk.  All she is able to move now is her eyes and those just barely.

We do go see her at least once a week and she is excited about the baby, but it's really hard because communicating with her is very difficult and she cries because she's upset that she can't move and I know she desperately wants to go shopping but just can't. It sucks because she's still Mom, she's just completely trapped in her body.

• Options
    imageRNmommyof2:

My mom lives about 10 minutes away, which is great. The bad part is she has Lou Gehrig's disease (ALS) and has been trached and vented for 5 years, so she can't talk.  All she is able to move now is her eyes and those just barely.

We do go see her at least once a week and she is excited about the baby, but it's really hard because communicating with her is very difficult and she cries because she's upset that she can't move and I know she desperately wants to go shopping but just can't. It sucks because she's still Mom, she's just completely trapped in her body.

That must be so hard! It's one thing to be separated by distance (which can be remedied with a car/plane trip), but to have your mom, but be unable to communicate sounds horrible. T&P and strength to you and your mom.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageNicoleD715:

imagezealion79:

We are basically the opposite. We are in Iowa all of our family is in Western WA. 

Right Hug  Hugs Nicole, I feel ya!

x
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"