3rd Trimester
Options

How long after bloody show?

I noticed a fair amount of pink colored discharge when I went to the bathroom this morning and have two questions:

1 - Is this bloody show? It was not period like blood but looked like the regular discharge tinged with lots of pink. (Sorry if TMI)

2 - How long after bloody show does labor usually start? I've been having lots of BH lately and right now have menstrual like cramps.

Re: How long after bloody show?

• Options
    Everyone is different...but my DS was born about 24 hours after mine
  • Options
    Idk but good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBakingandBooks:

I noticed a fair amount of pink colored discharge when I went to the bathroom this morning and have two questions:

1 - Is this bloody show? It was not period like blood but looked like the regular discharge tinged with lots of pink. (Sorry if TMI)

2 - How long after bloody show does labor usually start? I've been having lots of BH lately and right now have menstrual like cramps.

Sorry I dont know the answer however I have the exact same question! Surprise I have been changing panty liners every two hours for the past 24 because of the discharge and its pink like right when you are starting your period.  I have asked a couple of friends and everyone has a different response.  Some say its the s"how."  Others say the "show" is more like clots of blood.  So hopefully someone answers and has more insight for us.

If not best of luck to you! 

• Options

I'm wondering the same thing! 

I woke up this morning with some blood in my pjs after a day full of cramping yesterday and the cramping is continuing this morning about every 6 minutes so far.  I haven't bled/spotted once during this pregnancy so it was unusual to see the blood this morning. 

I'm hoping that it means that things are getting rolling so that all of these cramps were not in vain.  Good luck!

• Options

This is what I found on What to Expect about bloody show, which was helpful. I also called my doctor to check in and she has me going in to be monitored for a little bit, just to be sure what's going on.

Bloody ShowIt's show time! What causes the bloody show during pregnancy and what passing your mucous plug really means.What it is: "Bloody show," a pink- or brown-tinged stringy mucus discharge, is a sign that your cervix is dilating and/or effacing. This is a definite signal that you're well on your way toward labor and delivery.What causes it: This "passage" means the blood vessels in the cervix are rupturing as the cervix begins to open up. (This is a good, normal thing.) 

What you need to know about it: If you've experienced the bloody show, you can usually expect to go into labor within the next several days ? unless you're a fast starter, in which case you could be going into labor within the next several hours. (Nice and predictable, right?) In general, though, bloody show means you can hurry up and wait. And you won't know for sure that labor has arrived until you feel those first real contractions. So when you see that bloody show, get ready ? but don't head out the door just yet. 

What to do about the bloody show: Keep an eye on the discharge. If it seems heavy (more than two tablespoons) or turns bright red, contact your practitioner ASAP. Bleeding could be a sign of placenta previa or placenta abruption, both of which require immediate medical attention. Otherwise, just get ready for show time, Mom!

• Options
    Mine fits the above description perfectly but no contractions.  Sad
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"