Washington Babies
Options

Growing up hurts!

Kaylin just fell out of her bed for the first time :( We took the rail off of her crib last week-end and she had been doing great. Then tonight I hear a thud, followed by crying. I rushed in and she was face-planted on the floor with a confused, startled look on her face. Poor thing!

Will she figure this out on her own or should we be looking at some type of bed rails?

Re: Growing up hurts!

• Options

She'll figure it out.   Put pillows or a bean bag or something on the floor next ot hear to ease the blow.  

Ben fell out several times - which is nuts b/c it's a car bed and there's not a huge opening to fall out of!  HIs bed is also in a little alcove so when he'd fall out he'd hit the wall too I think.   I had a beanbag chair thing so that's there next to the bed now.  He hasnt' fallen out in months though.

• Options
    Umm... seriously, why did I not think of that? Will definitely put pillows down tomorrow night. Thanks Jill ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    oh I"ve also heard of rolling up a towel and putting it under the fitted sheet like a little "ridge" so they'll notice when they're at the edge.
  • Options

She will figure it out.  lol

ALot of the time, Audrey wouldn't even cry if she fell out.  We'd go in to check on her and she was sleping away on the floor.  Sometimes she'd even get herself UNDER the bed with just little hands sticking out!  lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't think Meg ever fell out, but ditto the others.  Poor kiddo!  She is probably still used to having the rail to block her :)
    Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
  • Options
    Mason had a big issue with falling out, when his crib was converted.  I bought a railing, because it would happen over and over each night.  To the point that he asked to sleep on the floor.  Now we use the railing in his twin, which is much higher.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

That's what I am worried about. My brother had bed rails and bumpers in his twin until he was maybe 5 or so. otherwise, he would wake up with bruises every morning.

I'm going to put the pillows down tonight and if it happens again, I think I'll try Jill's towel trick.

• Options

imageSeattle_JiLLn:
    oh I"ve also heard of rolling up a towel and putting it under the fitted sheet like a little "ridge" so they'll notice when they're at the edge.

that is a GREAT idea!! Hopefully I will remember when we get to that :)

• Options
    Really, the towel ridge idea is genius - going in my book for future use - thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"