North Carolina Babies
Options

Clothing Question from first timer.

Hey girls! My EDD is 3/23/2010. I am trying to figure out what type of clothing we will need for the summer months in NC.  Will I need long sleeve/pant type clothing? It gets so hot here yet there are places that we may go that have air conditioning. I have gotten a few pieces like this from family and I'm not sure if I should keep or exchange them.

Thanks!

Re: Clothing Question from first timer.

• Options
    My son was born May 1.  We used some light cotton pants some during the summer when it felt chilly in the house to me (due to air conditioning).  And in late March/early April you may want some little hoodies and things like that for the evening, since it may be a little chilly still.
  • Options
    I never had pants on Eli in the summer.  It's just too dang hot.  If we were somewhere cool, I might put a blanket over him or something, but he never wore pants in the summer.  It wouldn't be a bad idea to have a few, just for those rare cool days, but Eli lived in shorts and jumpers in the summer.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When DD was a newborn, she was typically just in a short sleeved onesie when we were at the house. When we went out, we sometimes added pants, but always kept a blanket or two to cover her up with if we were indoors with a/c. It was always just SO hot in the car, I didn't want to overdress her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageECUGirl2004:
    My son was born May 1.  We used some light cotton pants some during the summer when it felt chilly in the house to me (due to air conditioning).  And in late March/early April you may want some little hoodies and things like that for the evening, since it may be a little chilly still.

I agree with ECU!  DS was born May 28 and I still did use some of the light cotton pants when we were in the ac.  I'd strip him down to a onsie if we went out though, it gets so hot in the car!  There were even a few times we cooled the car down before we put him in it toward the end of summer. 

• Options
    My baby was born March 13 last year. We definitely used the light cotton pants. It's pretty cool indoors a lot of places and the AC in the car. Even in summer he always wore bottoms. He had a few pairs of shorts and I'd just carry a blanket to throw over him.
  • Options
    Thanks girls!
  • Options
    Holly was born on January 6. I found that during the summer, she wore a lot of little knit dresses with bloomers, or shorts & a shirt. I didn't put her in pants until it got a little cooler--September or so.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options

Allie was born March 6... due March 21.  It was snowing the weekend before she was born and 80 degrees the day she was born.  We didn't have any long sleeved clothes, except sleepers for her.  We had blankets, that covered her in her carseat.  And we kept her wrapped in blankets most of the time.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"